Curb Mobility, LLC: Android Developer at Curb Mobility, LLC (Vienna, VA) (Vienna, VA)
Posted: Jan 5, 2020
Android Developer, Curb Mobility LLC
About the Role
We are looking for a hands-on Android mobile developer with an established background in transaction and event driven app development. You will be a part of a dynamic team that is responsible for building passenger and driver-facing Android products. You will be part of a seasoned product development team of client and server developers, designers, product managers, and QA testers where you will observe daily use of your work product in a very short period of time.
You should have strong java coding abilities, an understanding of UI and graphic design, great communication skills, and motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. You should be comfortable working onsite with a team in an agile environment that regularly delivers quality releases and responds quickly to user needs.
We are looking for people who are passionate about developing impactful, high-performance apps using up-to-date technologies and patterns. Most of all, you should love creating things and take pride in building cool solutions for customers.
- Highly skilled in Android Java development (4+ years of experience)
- Experience in at least one, ideally many, of the following: test automation, refactoring code, test-driven development, build infrastructure, optimizing software, debugging, building tools and testing frameworks
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with developer tools and integrations with IDEs
- Experience with build systems and automation in continuous integration
- Sound understanding of scalability, reliability and performance considerations
- Experience with git
- Experience designing apps, frameworks and SDKs
- Experience owning mission critical, 24x7 systems.
- Experience with consuming 3rd party and internal APIs
- Experience working in a fast-paced agile environment using Scrum and Test Driven Development.
- Experience in working on a high volume/transaction consumer app
- Experience with Mapping APIs, geofencing, rideshare industry
- Master's or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field
- Understanding of iOS (Obj-C & Swift)