WeWork: Android Engineer at WeWork (New York, NY) (New York, NY)
Posted: Sep 11, 2019
About the Role
WeWork is hiring a top-tier Android Engineer to work on the WeWork Android mobile app that connects our members both socially and professionally. For a passionate and motivated engineer, this is an exciting opportunity to join a new team establishing best practices and standards. We are overhauling the current member experience to better connect our members with our spaces (think Internet of things) and each other to help them connect, grow, and ultimately be more successful. This is a senior position focused on technical leadership as WeWork continues to scale and mature as a software engineering organization.
About the Mission
The Member Experience mission is responsible for delivering technology that builds intelligent environments and connected, consciously-engineered communities for every space in the world. Our team is interested in increasing lifetime value, satisfaction productivity, and building engaging community models in smart environments. We create delightful experiences that encourage connection and community.
- You'll contribute to the development of our Android apps with the goal of making our members more successful.
- You can implement native user interfaces using the latest Android programming techniques.
- Use knowledge of Android development to help guide design and engineering decisions.
- You'll work with product managers, designers and full-stack engineers to help shape the vision of our mobile and desktop products.
- Take on important engineering, scaling and performance issues.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- You'll work on bug fixing and improving application performance.