Apparel Fashion Designer
Posted: May 4, 2021
Izzy & Liv is a lifestyle brand dedicated to celebrating women of color and the things they love. We are looking for an experienced and creative Fashion Designer to join our growing team. The ideal candidate is passionate about fashion, beauty, trends, and visual storytelling, Attention to detail and a strong creative portfolio. Applicants must be able to present and explain concepts and ideas, and communicate exceptionally well.
- Create original art and prints for our own brand and for license properties that are on trend.
- Draw, design, and develop new clothing and accessory concepts and patterns.
- Advise on fabrics, colors, patterns, materials, and textures for each design.
- Participate in meetings to discuss designs and line development, and present and review line and concepts.
- Creating and maintaining sketches, technical sketches, and colorations of all styles.
- Assist in reviewing lab dips, fabric + trim developments, and artwork.
- Help execute tasks/projects with critical attention to detail and a sense of urgency to meet all department deadlines.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in apparel design and specifically in cut and sew.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Superior knowledge of fashion design principles
- Excellent creativity with a good sense of fashion and style
- In-depth knowledge of garment technology.
- Ability to create, cut, and sew patterns.
- Proficiency in computer-aided fashion design applications and digital visualization tools.
- Must be a self-starter and take initiative and able to keep up with a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong time-management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
TO APPLY: Email your resume, online portfolio link to [email protected] . If you have any other relevant skills like tech design/fit tech, photo editing, package design, etc, please call it out in your email or cover letter.