ACV Auctions: Application Security Engineer, Penetration Testing at ACV Auctions () (allows remote)
Posted: Jun 11, 2021
ACV Auctions is looking for an Application Security Engineer responsible for designing, building and improving key security mobile infrastructure components for ACV Auctions that perform at scale. We value practical secure software, mobile development and instrumentation experience in addition to a thorough understanding of computer science fundamentals. The technologies you are familiar with are less important to us than your ability to solve complex software problems and apply software engineering best practices.
As an Application Security Engineer at ACV Auctions you’ll always be challenged to solve interesting and novel problems. If you are passionate about Security and working with bright and highly productive teams this role could be a great match.
What you will do:
- Perform penetration testing against many different types of applications and networks.
- Identify and exploit vulnerabilities in applications and networks.
- Document technical issues identified during security assessments utilizing standard CWE and CVSS classifications.
- Research emerging security topics and new attack vectors.
- Work independently to meet customer and project deadlines.
- Interact with customers in a collaborative consultative manner to deliver results, provide feedback and remediation recommendations on penetration testing findings.
- Support and manage Company’s application security testing instrumentation for integration into CI/CD and efficient delivery of focused and comprehensive test results.
- Support the SDLC Program and Process
What you need know:
- A year or more working in a “work from home” / remote capacity.
- 5 or more years of penetration testing with 3 or more years of specific application and network / red team
- Understanding of web architecture and protocols (HTTP(S), TCP/IP, ARP, SMTP, DNS, etc.).
- Understanding of how data flows through an application and/or network and connected components (SMTP, LDAP, Database servers).
- Understanding of common software security issues and remediation techniques (OWASP top 10, SANS top 25, etc.).
- Familiar with common Windows/Linux commands and scripting.
- Familiarity with general application and network security concepts.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal.
- Familiar with OWASP Top 10 and CWE/SANS Top 25 classification systems.
- Familiar with profiling an application or network, identifying threats, and developing test cases to target identified threats.
- Familiar with developing proof-of-concept exploit examples to use within reports or live demonstrations.
- Familiar with documenting and communicating results that may be consumed by both developers and management-level audiences.
- Familiar with testing web applications, natively compiled binary applications, mobile applications, web services, and testing networks.
- Familiar with using as many of the tools listed below (open to others not listed):
o Intercepting Proxies (i.e. Burp Suite, Charles, OWASP ZAP proxy, etc.).
o Web Service Testing Tools (i.e. soapUI).
o Disassemblers/Decompilers/Debuggers (IDA Pro, OllyDbg, WinDbg, jad, flare/flasm, SoThink
SWF Decompiler, Firebug, etc.).
o Exploit frameworks (Metasploit, Immunity CANVAS, CORE Impact)
o Vulnerability scanners (Nessus)
o OSINT discovery (Shodan, Maltego)
o IDEs (i.e. Visual Studio or Eclipse).
- Degree from an accredited College or University in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a related major OR equivalent work experience
- Current holder of penetration testing certifications such as OSCP, OSWP, GWAPT, GXPN, GPEN, CREST.
- 2+ years of professional web-application development or source code review experience
- Familiar with writing tools to aid in penetration testing.
- Development experience with multi-tiered Internet applications
- Development and/or architecture familiarity mobile applications, specifically iOS and Android
- Experience conducting targeted phishing and related social engineering tests
- Penetration testing experience with DevOps related technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, and CI/CD tool environments.
- Penetration testing and reverse engineering experience with embedded systems and hardware (i.e. IoT devices)
- Experience developing custom scripts or tools used for vulnerability scanning and identification
- Unix, Windows (negligible), or networking security experience
- Development and/or architecture familiarity mobile applications, specifically Apple iOS and Android
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.