Posted: Jul 24, 2020
What We're Looking For
Red Sage Communications, Inc. is actively seeking an Art Director to join our dynamic team of professionals.
You could be a great fit for this job if you:
- Have several years of design experience, preferably in an agency, producing award winning visual and multimedia designs that are highly creative and drive engagement and action
- Have a clear understanding of the importance of branding with the ability to create modern brands and engaging messaging, while developing and maintaining consistent standards
- Are able to produce high quality and dynamic videos and animation for social media, web, and other mediums
- Are experienced in producing designs for social media and print media that demonstrate clear understanding of creative approach and production techniques
- Are experienced working with web teams to produce impactful and creative websites that push the envelope while demonstrating logical navigation and UI/UX design
- Have excellent leadership and people skills, with the ability to ask good questions, truly listen to client needs and goals, and actively bring creative ideas to the table while building enthusiasm and buy in
- Can craft sophisticated and impactful messaging that integrates seamlessly with design and supports marketing strategies and results measurement goals
- Have a proven ability to organize projects and drive them forward under deadline and meet budgets without missing details
- Are a problem-solver who proactively seeks out answers to questions, and doesn't have to wait to be told what to do
- Are an excellent verbal and written communicator, and a confident public speaker who thrives on meeting and connecting with people
- Are a motivated, creative professional, looking for a place to grow your career for the long-term in North Alabama
About Our Company & Culture
Red Sage Communications, Inc. is one of Alabama's top full-service marketing and communications agencies. We've been a trusted partner for companies and organizations of all sizes since 2006. Our projects are local, statewide, regional, national and global in scope, and we're proud of our ability to blend effective, data-driven strategies with excellent creative. Our service areas include branding, marketing, advertising, public relations, website development, social media management, multimedia content creation, graphic design and video production.
Red Sage is a fast-paced, exciting environment, and offers an incredible opportunity for curious learners to grow their expertise. We are a tight-knit group who support one another and work collaboratively each day to see projects through to completion. We are a growing company, and value team members who can help us navigate our industry's constant change with fresh ideas and the ability to implement them.
What the Art Director Does
A Red Sage Art Director has a blend of responsibilities and brings a higher level of creative ideas and expertise to projects. You serve as a key voice and respected contributor in developing creative approaches that push the envelope and yield results for clients. The Art Director reports to the President and Marketing Director, per project specifications.
The successful Art Director will:
- Work with Red Sage senior leadership, team members, and clients to actively contribute ideas for creative approaches as new projects and/or accounts come onboard
- Serve as the senior designer in creating and overseeing the majority of new designs produced for clients, including print, digital, web, and video
- Submit best work to award competitions, ensuring Red Sage is recognized for design quality with awards each year
- Support senior leadership as needed to ensure junior designers and contractors are meeting quality standards, timelines, and budgets, providing mentoring and training
- Assist the marketing team as needed to create impactful messaging that supports brand and strategic objectives, looking for opportunities to tighten provided copy during the design process
- Oversee the entire creative process from initial planning and onboarding through designs, revisions, and reliable production for all work produced by the department
- Actively research and monitor design trends and implement new design or production approaches that push the envelope while still meeting quality, reliability, usability, and budgetary requirements, proactively sharing knowledge with other team members
- Acquire a well-rounded knowledge of Red Sage design and web services and solutions, and provide assistance to other team members in generating proposals
- Make appearances on behalf of Red Sage, and serve as an ambassador for our company with the highest credibility and integrity
- Assist in maintenance of Red Sage databases and resource files including production vendor contacts, media kits, and samples
- Other tasks as assigned
This is not an entry level position. It is an excellent choice for someone with industry experience but bored by the routine, or lack of advancement potential, in their existing design job. It is an incredible career opportunity for someone seeking the excitement and creativity of an agency, and to be among a family of professionals who care a lot about delivering excellence every day.
If you're thinking this is the opportunity you've been waiting for, here's what we need to see with your application:
- B.A. in graphic design or a related field
- 6+ years of design or multimedia design experience
- A link to your online portfolio
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Video Production software
- A cover letter explaining why you are the best candidate for this position
- Prior agency experience is a plus.
How to Apply
Send us your information through our Indeed posting including cover letter and link to portfolio.
NO PHONE CALLS OR VISITS