Posted: Apr 23, 2021
If you're a talented leader who loves collaborating with amazing writers and designers, high-fives (virtual and in-person), and G.S.D. (Getting Stuff Done), then we would love to meet you!
Do you see ways to improve written and visual communication in the world around you and are you passionate about solving and improving them? And, are you available to immediately begin a long-term, full-time engagement in Fresno, CA?
Pillar Brands is looking for an experienced Art Director to shape it's local culture and help steer the success of our clients through clear and consistent communication.
- Have a passion for assisting faith-based organizations in their marketing and design?
- Have the desire to support a design team who wants to take over the world?
- Understand the basics of what it takes to make a great design regardless of application?
- Have a contagious enthusiasm, creativity, and ability to innovate?
We are looking for a creative Art director who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and loves the challenge of discovering what makes consumers "click". You will cooperate with a design-savvy team to devise an overall concept.
The goal is to translate marketing and branding strategies into innovative and impressive campaigns that stimulate targeted audiences.
- Provide design direction for new and existing campaigns
- Collaborate with Managing Editor and Digital Marketing Manager in the development of campaigns
- Generate clear ideas and concepts through sketches, storyboards and roughs
- Understand marketing initiatives, strategic positioning and target audience concepts
- Uplift colleagues with positivity and encouragement
- Lead design team
- Assist with design of emails, websites, social media and online ads with Digital Marketing Manager
- Manage budgets including allocated time and hard costs
- Execute campaigns within determined deadlines
- Suggest updates to current templates and designs
- Manage and delegate responsibilities to other designers and provide direction
- Manage file organization
- Keep up-to-date with trends in graphic design techniques and software
- Train designers in best practices of design
- Interface with vendors
5+ years agency experience in art direction and creative design solutions for print and digital mediums is preferred
Experience with logo design, typography, color, web layout design, print production, image selection and package design
Expertise in Mac solutions, Microsoft Office and Google Documents
Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop)
Basic HTML and web design preferred
Project management skills with the ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
Actively engage in strategic thinking, deductive reasoning and problem solving
Ability to work in a team environment
Able to lead peers in accomplishment of work
Strong organizational skills and work ethic
Proficiency in business writing and communications
Ability to follow through on verbal and written instructions
College degree in design, communication, marketing or related field preferred
Supervision Received: This position is under the direct supervision of the owners while collaborating with other members of the team.
Supervision Given: This position supervises the Production Artist as well as contracted designers and provides information and guidance to coworkers in order to achieve goals of the company.