JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.: Asset Management, Spectrum Workflow Product Manager - VP at JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. (New York, NY) (New York, NY)
Posted: Feb 22, 2021
This role is for an experienced, tech-savvy Product Manager to lead the development of the Workflow product for Asset Management. Workflow is already one of the most used products across asset management, and there are many additional capabilities and internal/external workflows that need to be implemented. Due to the demand for workflow capability, the product has strong visibility across the globe and across functions, and is being increasingly used to revamp our digital client capabilities as well.
A successful candidate will partner with and run a governance structure made up of product owners, business stakeholders, and technologists across functions, leading the analysis and prioritization for continuous product enhancement. The level of exposure to key challenges, initiatives, and senior decision makers is completely dependent on the candidate's abilities, as the existing executive governance structure has a number of AM Operating Committee members. The right hire will:
* Act as a Workflow Platform owner by learning the products' capabilities, understanding the vision, and executing to improve the product. Become an innovator, advocate, and marketer for the product and the vision.
* Anticipate the need for and drive the development of new capabilities through partnership with product owners, end-users, and hundreds of technologists. Relentlessly prioritize development activities and align those to key result metrics with continue communication back to this widespread audience.
* Represent the voice of the customer as part of an agile methodology, develop product vision / strategy and create clear epics and requirements that are understood by business and engineering partners.
* Upkeep product communication by effectively establishing and executing governance structures, building / maintaining product site, and conduct periodic trainings. Act as a primary liaison between stakeholders and teams.
* Be comfortable shifting between developing core capabilities and jumping in to help re-engineer critical processes
* Be data, metrics, and analytics driven in your product development approach to ensure transparency and ability to track successful deliveries.
* A track record of being a hands-on product owner with a foundation for understanding technology and design. Specific experience in Workflow capability is desired but not required.
* Experience in partnering/challenging/helping technologist and designers implement the highest quality product
* Hands-on experience with Agile development methodologies and product management techniques.
* Desire to make the organization / product / process most efficient is critical.
* Strong quantitative and analytical problem solving skills, with the ability to establish business strategy, and engineer processes accordingly.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with ability to partner and influence across functions and levels. Ability to resolve conflict and facilitate decision-making.
* Knowledge and experience in Asset Management is desirable, but comfort with navigating new subject areas is more important.
* "Do-er" attitude and take-action approach.
* Team player mindset, comfort working in a fast-paced consulting style, unstructured environment
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans