Assistant Graphic Designer
Posted: Sep 2, 2022
Job type: Part-time (20 hours per week), 3-month contract with potential to extend
We are looking for a versatile Assistant Graphic Designer with 1-2 years of experience and a robust portfolio. The right candidate has experience in creating assets for direct response advertising and content marketing campaigns across a variety of digital mediums.
As a key member of the team, your work will express our brand identity and communicate the value we are bringing to consumers as a financial lender and services provider. You will be responsible for creating compelling, memorable, and cohesive marketing assets utilized across different digital channels including web, email, social media, and more.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner directly with the lead Graphic Designer to design a variety of assets including but not limited to digital advertisements (static and animated), emails, website graphics, landing pages, illustrations, infographics, social media content, and internal documents depending on your areas of specialty.
- Convey consistent brand image and identity across all marketing assets as according to our brand guidelines.
- Collaborate with marketing team members to develop and execute campaigns and content across multiple channels.
- Utilize and contribute to our library of assets, projects, templates, and brand guidelines.
- Proofread all design content to ensure proper grammar, message/design consistency, and brand voice.
- Perform other duties as assigned in collaboration with other departments.
- Education: Coursework/certifications in graphic design, motion graphics, or related visual marketing field. Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience: Entry level (1-2 years)
- Software: Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite applications (especially Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects)
- A portfolio of relevant work samples?professional work is preferred, but student/personal work is also acceptable.
- Strong awareness and working knowledge of design trends in digital marketing and advertising spaces.
- Consistent ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple priorities.
- Ability to accept creative guidance, direction, and feedback.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Front-end web development (especially with Wordpress) and/or email development experience
- Video production/editing experience
- Industry experience in financial services and lending