Associate Manager, Brand Design (Ecom/Hive)
Posted: Mar 13, 2019
Who We Are...
We are a creatively driven team that leverages the power of Design Thinking to solve brand and business problems that drive meaningful value and growth. Our team's mission is to lead the innovation agendas in order to accelerate PepsiCo's Global brands and businesses to transform beyond its core. We innovate with intent; to solve real problems, for real people, in the real world. We innovate to incite positive change ? for people, brands, business and the world around us.
What You'll Do...
The Associate Manager, Brand Design is an experienced designer who will participate in the research and development of total brand identities - from packaging, visual identify to total brand experience. This involves management and execution of work streams for key brand and graphic design projects within our Global portfolio. In this role, you will continue developing your Design Thinking capabilities and be able to apply these methodologies to help drive projects from ideation to execution. This role partners closely with cross-functional teams and external partners to deliver quality brand design solutions.
The main objective of this role is to help execute major brand design projects, strategies, and innovations. This means assisting in the planning, organization and implementation of consistent design principles and processes to ensure that the design, strategy and production guardrails are met.
- Design Project Management: Responsible for partnering across disciplines within PepsiCo and external suppliers to ensure design assets are developed and delivered with quality, value, and on-time. Act as a key project resource to help develop brand ideas and deliver project tasks within given deadlines. Collaborates with key stakeholders throughout the creative process. Regularly participates in project status reviews to verify that project deliverables are being met
- Brand Design Development: Under direction of the Design Director, you will help develop visual brand identity for specific brands in the portfolio, working in collaboration with other design leaders cutting across brand, product, packaging, marketing equipment, and advertising. You will help generate creative design proposals (visions, scenarios, concepts) and review with internal and external stakeholders. This role participates in research activities and effectively translates customer needs into actionable design requirements and solutions
- Design R&D and Innovation: Assists in identifying design programs that generate critical business value for one or more divisions
- External Design Network: Supports the PepsiCo Design Organization in building and cultivating a strong external design network
- Bachelor's Degree in Communication Design, Experience Design, Brand Design, or Graphic Design required. Master's degree in a Design discipline preferred
- 6+ years of deep brand design experience (e.g. developing strategic brands, brand packaging, brand experiences)
- An excellent sense of pop culture, music, art, retail, tech, and design trends
- Advanced in using the Adobe Creative Suite software
- Experience participating in human-centered research and presenting insights to project team
- Ability to work in an ambiguous and dynamic work environment; is comfortable with risk and uncertainty
- Effectively collaborate across regions and functions in order to deliver on project plans
- Drive for results, able to influence and accomplish tasks through formal and informal channels
- Effectively communicates (verbally and written) with internal and external stakeholders across all levels.
- Must be willing and able to travel 10% of the time
- Offers of employment are contingent upon passing required prescreens, including, but not limited to, drug and alcohol screening and motor vehicle reports