DataServ: AWS Cloud Engineer at DataServ () (allows remote)
Posted: Apr 2, 2021
The AWS Cloud Engineer II works under the direction of the Enterprise Architect and with other DevOps resources to complete the migration of the DataServ Software as a Service (SaaS) platform to Amazon Web Service (AWS). This position reports to the Director, Technology.
- Designs and executes low level detailed plans for migrating workloads to AWS.
- Incorporates sustainable, reusable infrastructure and application automation as an every-day practice.
- Implements monitoring and alerting.
- Designs, develops, and implements Cloud solutions as part of the software development life cycle.
- Documents and trains others on capabilities built and troubleshooting processes.
- Analyzes and fixes system, process and data issues experienced by DataServ solutions and DataServ clients. Works as Tier 3 support for ITO to resolve issues.
- Proactively reports issues and communicates status to affected parties regularly especially when there are roadblocks or successful completion is at risk.
- Provides documented, thorough, solution alternatives and recommendations on issues and process improvements.
- Acts as a coach and teacher to team members to build organizational AWS knowledge.
- Works with the Enterprise Architect and DevOps resources to conduct proof of concepts.
- Assists with network, infrastructure, and database administration/support.
- Demonstrates and communicates successes as well as failures to the greater IT organization.
- Technical Expertise / Knowledge
- Problem Solving / Results
- Trust / Ethical Practice
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, printers, telephones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. As a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company, employee must be technically savvy with the ability to use the computer/keyboard to conduct business.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move items up to 20 pounds.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time, exempt position with days of work Monday through Friday and with hours scheduled around core hours of operation. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Little to no travel is expected for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or comparable experience
- 5 years of technical professional experience
- Experience in configuration management, Windows and Linux system management and Network skills
- Experience with programming and infrastructure automation (e.g. Power Shell, Bash, Python, Perl).
- Experience with monitoring, alerting, and analytics tools.
- Proven analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Available for after-hours and weekend support as needed.
- 1 year of experience delivering cloud solutions (AWS preferred)
- Experience designing, developing, deploying, and testing in AWS.
- Experience with building and managing highly automated, secure, high availability multi-tier solutions using a wide array of AWS services including but not limited to: CloudWatch, IAM, EC2, VPC, EBS, ELB, SNS, SQS, SES. S3, RDS, ElasticSearch,
- Experience with migration of applications and data from any platform to cloud environments especially SQL Server to RDS.
- Experience with Systems Thinking
- Must exhibit strong written, verbal, and listening communication skills.
- Ability and desire to thrive in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
DataServ is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled.