CheMondis GmbH: Backend Developer (m/f/d) at CheMondis GmbH (Köln, Germany) (Köln, Germany)
Posted: Mar 14, 2019
If coding is your passion, CheMondis will be love at first sight…
Join us as a Backend Developer and be part of our agile, cross-functional and international team. You will drive the development and the optimization of the CheMondis marketplace in a very early stage.
- Development and maintenance of our marketplace platform backend as well as ensuring code quality
- Conception and Orchestration of a highly scalable backend architecture
- Evaluation and consulting on the selection of suitable solutions and technologies
- Ensuring high product quality by close collaboration with the product owner and frontend development colleagues in an agile work environment
- Foster a culture of sharing knowledge, best practices and standards as well as promoting cooperation and communication within your team
- Degree in computer science or relevant professional experience
- Sound experience in software engineering (preferably with Python), distributed systems, clean code, and testing
- Profound conceptional knowledge in developing REST API’s
- Proven experience with at least one database engine (e.g. PostgreSQL, MongoDB, etc.)
- Experience with cloud platforms (preferably AWS)
- Initial experience at OS- and infrastructure level with a focus on cloud and container infrastructures (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills along with the ability to work in a fast-paced startup-like environment
- Flexible and independent way of working as well as willingness to research new technologies to continuously broaden your horizon
- Excellent English language skills, German is a plus
Why join us?
- You will be working on an innovative product with an incredibly exciting tech stack
- You will have the opportunity to shape the success story of a „greenfield” project – with a great team of driven experts
- We offer a unique combination of a startup flexibility with the stability of a corporate investor
- We share our knowledge and keep it up to date by hosting and participating in conferences, meetups and hackathons
- You can pick the hardware and software that enables you to deliver the best code
- We offer an agile environment with a start-up mentality, flat hierarchies, flexible working hours and a competitive salary
- Our brand-new office is located in the heart of Cologne. If you are not currently living in Germany, we will provide relocation support
- Last but not least, we offer recurring team events, off-sites, parties and provide free drinks, fruit, snacks, etc.
an industry leader with the mentality of a startup. In 2018 LANXESS founded the online marketplace CheMondis, which combines chemical expertise of a market leader with a digital start-up spirit and outstanding technical expertise. We are building an online marketplace for the chemical industry in order to connect suppliers and buyers of chemical products in a trusted B2B marketplace. The combination of chemistry & technology makes us unique.