Motiv Inc.: Backend Software Development Engineer at Motiv Inc. (Dallas, TX) (Dallas, TX)
Posted: Nov 7, 2019
*We are unable to support any Visa sponsorship at this time.
*Only accepting local candidates as we are unable to support relocation
Backend Software Development Engineer
Location: Dallas, TX
Team Size: 10+
Our client is a technology services and implementation company with expertise in software platform engineering across a variety of industries. They work with many Fortune 500 companies to deliver positive business outcomes using rapid prototyping and a solid foundation of DevOps-based software platform engineering that ensure high-quality and on-time delivery.
This team is currently partnering with an enterprise logistics company through a digital transformation to reengineer retail software with best-in-class technology. There will be an emphasis on creating scalable software and operations to effect lasting change.
Were actively seeking to build a team of Software Engineers (comprised of both frontend and backend developers) in support of this digital transformation within the enterprise logistics company. The transformation will focus on ecommerce and in-store retail software. Engineers will need to have working knowledge of current technologies and development operations practices, as well as an ability to collaborate with other developers, designers and program managers. The software being created will utilize Java/J2EE technologies and were targeting candidates with proficiency in this area.
- Involved in inception, elaboration and participate in requirement analysis and design.
- Involved in all design phases of software development lifecycle.
- Actively involved in development phase and resolve technical challenges.
- Collaborate with front end developers and UX designer while designing APIs in Test-Driven Development & Behavior-Driven Development processes.
- Ensure continuous integration and maintenance of various modules of applications.
- Review code of peers and ensure daily smaller commits and help remediate bad commits.
- Code and debug applications.
- Write automated integration/functional and unit test cases.
- Deploy and implement various business workflows.
- Software analysis, code analysis and reviews.
- Involved in System Integration Testing / User Acceptance Testing and rollout supports.
- 8+ years of experience in Java technology stack.
- Strong technical knowledge in Java/J2EE technologies.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in Spring Boot, Spring Security, Spring Cloud, OAuth 2.0, RDBMS (preferably Oracle), Mocking frameworks, JUnit/TestNG, Messaging Queue, Git and Spring JPA.
- Good understanding of Object-Oriented design concepts.
- Working knowledge of Test-Driven Development & Behavior-Driven Development.
- Excellent working knowledge of Webservice creation & consumption for REST & SOAP communication protocols.
- Strong Knowledge of BaaS (Backend as a Service) platforms.
- Good understanding of 12 factor rule for SaaS applications.
- Hands on tech skills on Microsoft Azure.
- Basic understanding of data modelling and hands on experience on SQL.
- Experience working in CI/CD environment.
- Understanding of SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) and DevOps.
- Awareness of Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning related technologies.
- Strong Logical skills and problem-solving ability.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience engineering retail software
- Experience engineering logistics software