LinkedIn Learning: Become a Data Science Instructor at LinkedIn Learning () (allows remote)
Posted: Sep 13, 2017
Transform people's lives. Teach skills to create opportunity. Apply to be a LinkedIn Learning/Lynda author today!
Please note that this is a contract-based course instructor role, not an in-house data science position.
At Lynda, we believe in connecting people to opportunity by sharing knowledge. With millions of members, your voice and expertise can make a difference.
Are you an experienced technology professional with a passion to teach and share your expertise? Do you thrive on taking the complex and making it simple? 'Is the "why" just as important as the "how" to you? If you have knowledge to share, let’s connect! We’re seeking data scientists to create video training courses for our rapidly-growing audience.
If you have a passion for and experience working with these technologies, let’s talk!
- Python for data science
- SQL for data science
- DevOps in data science
- Apache stack for data scientists (Hadoop/MapReduce, Spark, Hive, Pig, Storm, Sqoop, Cassandra, HBase, Mahout, Lucene/Solr, Avro, CouchDB, Kafka, et al)
- Emerging data science and analytics platforms: Microsoft Azure ML/Cortana Intelligence; IBM Watson Analytics/Developer Cloud/Alchemy API; Amazon Machine Learning
It’s a big, diverse world among those who do data science and benefit from it, and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply and to share their unique talents.
As a Linkedin Learning/Lynda instructor, you get more than a platform - you get a partner. We pride ourselves on producing the highest quality educational courses available. You’ll partner with content area experts to scope and refine your ideas, then work with a professional production team of instructional designers, producers, graphic designers, editors, and QA specialists to assemble your world-class technology training course. Our well-established production process allows you to spend more time creating course content, while we take the lead on designing, producing, and editing the course. Ready to get started?
Join our passionate and experienced team of educators and technologists!
Note: we are always looking for new authors across the technology spectrum; even if you do not see your technical expertise listed, please inquire and clearly list your topics of expertise/interest.
Skills & Requirements
- Deep knowledge of, and professional experience with, the technologies you wish to teach
- Prior teaching experience preferred, but not required
- Involvement with the data science ecosystem and community preferred
- Interest in e-learning as a medium, either as a trainer or student
- Ability to respond to and incorporate feedback productively
- Ability to commit approximately 30 hours to developing a course (over several months) and 1-week to record in one of our studios (travel expenses paid). Remote recording options available.
Steps to Becoming a Lynda/LinkedIn Learning Author
- Speak to one of our Content Managers about your background, our process and course ideas.
- Work with your Content Manager to put together a short (3-5 minute), un-edited sample movie.
- Work on a Table of Contents and Course Description with your Content Manager.
- Set schedule & work with a Producer to build out course materials--scripts, slides and technical demos, as appropriate.
- Fly out to one of our studios to record your course, with guidance from your Producer in the recording booth.
- Help resolve any bugs found in editing, post-production and quality assurance stages (usually <1 hour of work on author’s part).