Branding & Product Packaging Direction
Posted: Sep 25, 2020
Based in Los Angeles, Omni Goods Co. is a new CPG startup ready to take on the large CPG conglomerates of the world by being fun, accessible, and all around better. We're looking for talented, dynamic individuals to join our team as we look to compete with some of the largest brands in the world.
Omni Goods Co. is looking for a Creative Brand Director to lead and oversee all aspects of brand design for Dusteroo, a new cleaning products brand set for discussions with nationwide retailers in Q4 2020.
If the below resonates and energizes you, please apply today!
- You have a pulse on creative trends in products, marketing and culture and pride yourself in having discerning taste
- You have a creative sensibility that extends across content genres
- You are confident in your talents and are able to communicate concepts with conviction
- You take pride and ownership in your work and are willing to push yourself and others as needed in order to produce work that you can be proud of.
- You are excited about the possibility of seeing your own designs wind up on the shelves of America's biggest retailers and viewed in ads across print and digital media.
Creative Brand Directors will translate strategies into innovative campaigns that effectively engage audiences and maintain consistency across all touch points, producing a seamless experience across digital and physical brand touch points.
The ideal candidate(s) loves all things consumer products, packaging, ads, etc., embraces challenges and competition, is super creative, and a top performer among their peer group. They should be adaptable, hard-working, and have a strong attention to detail. Creative Brand Directors will brainstorm, coordinate, oversee, and review all creative work to consistently produce high quality deliverables on structured and unstructured (ad-hoc) projects.
Positions will include competitive base compensation packages commensurate with experience; pending initial success with the company, there will be potential for performance-based equity and/or cash bonuses at multiples of base compensation, as soon as the next 3-6 months. Positions will start in a freelance capacity with potential to expand to an ongoing fulltime position.
- Take ownership of all branding and design initiatives for online and offline use
- Oversee, lead and mentor team of talented graphic designers, illustrators, photographers and copywriters
- Direct and coordinate teams of graphic designers, illustrators, copywriters, etc. to produce impeccable brand assets (will have project managers to assist)
- Ensure that each brand's established look, feel and voice is successfully implemented across projects, helping to maintain consistency across all channels
- Develop and maintain a strong, innovative and well-defined design language for each brand
- Help establish guidelines for all applications of the graphic identity of the brand including packaging, page layouts, typography and interaction design
- Maintain packaging standards and help evolve visual systems as we continue to grow into new markets, partnerships, legal requirements, etc.
- Develop innovative concepts and specifications for graphic design related projects that achieve brand objectives and project timelines
- Provide direction for web and interaction design
- Monitor and ensure overall quality of all design output
- Ensure consistency of design guidelines across all channels and brand touch points
- Mastery of Adobe Suite
- Have the ability to work and guide a team of creatives, consistently produce high quality work while adhering to deadlines
- Ability to understand brand standards and deliver consistent results
- Clean and modern design aesthetic, strong typographic skills, and attention to detail
- Degree in graphic design or similar from top-tier institution
- Knowledge of current trends in the consumer product space
- At least 3 years of experience working at a reputable branding agency or consumer goods company