IMC Trading: Build & Automation Engineer Amsterdam at IMC Trading (Amsterdam, Netherlands) (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
Posted: Oct 11, 2019
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading– Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support - Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation.
BUILD ENGINEERING AT IMC
Our trading system encompasses more technology stacks than ever before as we continue to deliver low-latency solutions for our trading strategies. At the same time, our development organization is growing steadily in order to tackle new challenges. Both of these mean that the simplicity and speed of our build environment is more valuable and more challenging than ever.
As a Build & Automation Engineer at IMC, you will continually identify and implement improvements to the software delivery process, from targeted, iterative refinements to sweeping architectural redesigns. We're looking for someone who will leverage their previous experience in this space to make a mark. You will produce complex systems, own the production pipeline and help improve our environment with regards to the build process, tooling and automations.
You know that realizing productivity gains depends on adoption by users and can effectively evangelize and promote the benefits of build system changes. You work effectively with development teams and individuals to identify and mitigate pain points in toolchains.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Improve the daily workflow of engineers by optimizing compile times, improving code quality systems, and simplifying workflows
- Lead/contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving complex technical challenges presented by building and optimizing a monorepo codebase
- Design and build automated development, build, test, release and monitoring infrastructure
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, development productivity, and maintainability
- Collaborate with engineering teams to influence design for engineering excellence
WHO YOU ARE:
- Solid Python knowledge. Additional programming languages, particularly C++, are considered nice to have.
- Good knowledge of Linux
- Previous experience owning and managing multi-language monorepo software build systems (for example, Bazel) is considered a plus.
- Experience with build and containerization technologies such as Team City, Jenkins, Git, Docker and Kubernetes are considered a plus.
- You know stable, dependable build environments and rapid feedback cycles are vital for developer productivity. You are motivated by improving the flow of high-quality code into production