charity: water: Business Process Architect
Posted: Sep 12, 2019
Main Areas of Focus: Computer and database security, innovative systems architecture, complex cross-departmental data applications
Location: This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to relocate to) the New York City area only. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. or have an existing U.S. work permit.
As the Business Process Architect you'll support our core line of business systems.
As Business Process Architect you’ll support our amazing staff and core line of business systems. Reporting to our Head of Information Technology, you’ll be cooperatively and cross-departmentally responsible for the maintenance of our many internal business processes. You'll be the go-to for operations level administration and work closely with our remote and local staff. You’ll proactively monitor system performance and isolate problems in infrastructure or processes before they arise. You’ll also work on strategic projects both independently and in coordination with the Head of IT.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR…
- Reinforcing data hygiene policies with the application of good business practices.
- Being a superuser and helping maintain our systems and databases.
- Supporting the roll-out of new and upgraded applications and systems across the organization.
- Assisting with IT administration where and when required and applicable.
- Assisting in building reports and helping to ensure that data is available to leadership and teams as needed.
- Developing and lead staff training sessions to support a knowledgeable and information savvy staff.
- Coordinating with internal teams to help drive data initiatives and play a key contributor role.
- Owning the procedural documentation of our systems knowledge base and reference guides.
- Helping to manage our complex web of integrations between core systems and work with internal stakeholders to thoughtfully create new ones.
YOU MUST HAVE…
- Bachelor’s degree, or a mixture of applicable coursework and applied experience
- 6+ years of IT database management experience
- Salesforce platform administration experience
- Advanced database administration experience
- Working knowledge of systems integration methodologies
- Working knowledge of API functionality
- Business process engineering experience
- Experience with enterprise-level data hygiene, data normalization, and data centralization
- Practical knowledge of platform-agnostic reporting methodologies
- Management of enterprise-level security practice and policy
IT’S AN ADDED PLUS IF YOU HAVE…
- Experience working with SQL
- Salesforce platform integration experience or certification
- Proven success in project management
YOU’LL BE SUCCESSFUL IF...
You have a great deskside manner
You find ways to keep the situation relaxed whether fixing a critical or non-essential problem. You put the user and their experience first in every situation.
You're a technologist
You seek out the latest and greatest technology and get excited about analyzing and advocating its usefulness to the mission.
You’re a problem solver
You find a scalable solution even if it’s your first encounter with a particular scenario. Leaving problems unsolved bothers you, and improperly applied solutions bother you as much if not more.
You ask questions
You’re ready to accept the ideas of colleagues and open to suggestions from any direction. You self-motivate in finding and applying solutions and have the tools and experience to seek and find what you need. You apply these approaches to solutions, meeting in the middle between the user experience and the business driver.
You have a first one in & last one out mentality
As part of the Technology team, we ensure the office is ready for business day and are here to support the organization in every capacity at any time. No job is too small, and you’re not bothered by random distractions because you manage your time.
You have security in mind
You’re comfortable with a role in the organization that puts you in a position of being the tip of the spear for daily cybersecurity enforcement, and you help reinforce industry best practice to help keep our data, user information, and infrastructure safe from threats and new exploits.
You can be proactive and reactive
You don’t just spend your time providing excellent responsive service, but you also work to proactively improve systems and processes over time in response to the types of requests received.
The IT team provides innovative technology solutions to support our ever-growing organization and mission. Constantly aiming to ensure that our internal data systems are secure and well-protected, they maintain the framework of intentionality and care that allows our entire team to work confidently and efficiently.
At charity: water, our team of world chargers believe that water changes everything. As a non-profit organization, we work to bring sustainable solutions, providing clean and safe drinking water, to those in developing countries. In 13 years, we’ve been able to bring healthier living conditions to nearly 10 million people in 28 different countries. With the inner makings of a mid-size tech startup, we’re reinventing charity through endless innovation and contagious passion. When we’re not eating pizza, gathering for Bagel Breakfasts, or a Friendsgiving Feasts, we’re working side-by-side to create beautifully crafted stories and a powerful brand that inspires a whole new kind of generosity.