Suitsupply: C# / .NET Developer Buying and Logistics at Suitsupply (Amsterdam, Netherlands) (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
Posted: Jul 11, 2018
We believe in autonomous, self-supporting development teams who help our customers buy the best fitting suit they'll ever wear, and wow them at every step of the way. Whether their journey starts online or in one of our 100+ stores, our teams inspire them to buy and come back for more - ideally together with their best mate or dad.
The Buying and Logistics team at Suitsupply has a crucial role supporting most of the backend business processes at Suitsupply: logistics, buying and fulfilment. In the short term, their challenge is to improve the existing systems and to speed up and to optimize processes. In the long term, their challenge will be to split the existing legacy code into smaller pieces by business domains. The legacy code consists of: Windows Form applications, web applications and web API's. Further, you will convert these small pieces into a new code stack consisting of microservices on Azure and integrate them into the applications.
What can you expect to work on?
- Working on the maintenance of the warehouse communication pipeline
- Improving the data export to the website
- Improving the buying processes
- Working with the team on requirements, discussions, preparing solutions for the current priority tickets
- Maintain documentation
- Writing unit tests
- Improve the legacy code base, port VB.net to C#, windows services to Web API's and on premise applications to Azure
This job might be for you if you have:
- IT education, computer science/software engineering
- 3-5 years of experience with C#, .Net, SQL
- Experience with Microservices, Azure, Web API's, ServiceBus, Messaging queue, Unit testing and Git
- Mentality: be helpful, believer of continuous improvement, work in teams, together, responsible together to deliver
- Passion for what you do, if you don't like it try to change it
When are you doing a good job?
- When you actively participate in the Scrum process, ie. stand-ups, planning sessions, retrospectives.
- When you have received overall favourable feedback from fellow team members in performance reviews
- When you help Suitsupply and the fellow colleagues at Suitsupply to serve their customers better