Suitsupply: C# / .NET Developer Stores at Suitsupply (Amsterdam, Netherlands) (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
Posted: Aug 27, 2018
We believe in autonomous, self-supporting development teams who help our customers buy the best fitting suit they'll ever wear, and wow them at every step of the way. Whether their journey starts online or in one of our 100+ stores, our teams inspire them to buy and come back for more - ideally together with their best mate or dad.
The Stores team is responsible for the back-end processes regarding customer orders and in store applications. In the coming months the focus is on refactoring the last bits of legacy code to modern standards. Your challenge will be to split the existing Legacy code into smaller pieces by business domains. The Legacy code consists of: Windows Form applications, web applications and web API's. Further you will convert these small pieces into a new code stack consisting of microservices on Azure, and work with the teams to integrate them into the applications. The code is a combination of VB.N and C#; it's the backbone of the business.
What can you expect to work on?
Phase 1 - start up:
- get familiar with the team and the code
- develop an understanding of existing issues
- Come up with a plan
Phase 2 - refactor:
- Create tickets to organize the workload
- Start refactoring the code
- Make sure each step is unit-tested and monitored
- Make impact analysis for the QA's
Phase 3 - rebuild:
- Together with architects create designs for the new microservices
- Start building together with the team, taking the lead when necessary
- Involve teams affected
- Prepare for deployment with DevOps
This job might be for you if you have:
- IT education, computer science/software engineering
- 3-5 years of experience with C#, .Net, SQL
- Experience with Microservices, Azure, Web API's, ServiceBus, Messaging queue, Unit testing and Git
- Mentality: be helpful, believer of continuous improvement, work in teams, together, responsible together to deliver
- Passion for what you do, if you don't like it try to change it
When are you doing a good job?
- When you actively participate in the Scrum process, ie. stand-ups, planning sessions, retrospectives.
- When you have received overall favorable feedback from fellow team members in performance reviews
- When you help Suitsupply and the fellow colleagues at Suitsupply to serve their customers better
What do you get in return?
- An excellent salary package
- Choose your own device (and OS)
- 20% discount on all Suitsupply products
- The opportunity to impact global customers in over 30 countries, 100 stores.
- Work in a genuine international workplace with over 20 nationalities.