JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.: CIB - Digital Transformation Lead Product Designer, Vice President at JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. (Chicago, IL) (Chicago, IL)
Posted: Mar 23, 2021
We are actively seeking an energetic and innovative Interaction Designer (UX Architect) to join our group. J.P. Morgan is embarking on a transformation into the future of client servicing by incorporating emerging technologies into the products we create. Our team, which sits within JP Morgan's Wholesale Payments Ops arm, leverages such technologies to develop and refine the tools considered most essential to our clients and internal middle office employees to service these clients. Both sets of these users have complex, fast-paced, informationally overloaded jobs. And so, the tools we design must add value while adding minimal complexity. To do our job well, we utilize creative design-led techniques to help us break through the industry jargon and bureaucracy and find insights that others can't. We elevate UX not just to solve users' problems and to use design to steer the product's evolution into a robust and extensible framework.
The successful candidate will join this unique and specialized team that provides product strategy and delivery capabilities for client-facing applications. Our Product Design team sits within a Product Management organization and partners with the product owners to ensure that our hand-crafted, innovative ideas are deployed.
The ideal candidate is, above all, a maker and enjoys balancing craft with an academic interest in theory and science of Interaction Design, HCI, and user-centered design methodologies. In addition, candidates should have the following skills and interests:
* Enjoys designing highly functional user interfaces
* Has a deep understanding of interactivity and its impact on human behavior
* Excels at conceptualizing, modeling, and designing complex, yet innovative, experiences
* Has a cache of methods for uncovering important contextual details that help ensure we're solving for the right problems
* Can defend their designs with rationale rooted in user needs and business goals
* Enjoys the multi-disciplinary and collaborative nature of product development
* Is detail-oriented and appreciates the value of visual aesthetics across everything we do
* Can confidently translate business problems and requirements into compelling UIs.
* Define and drive the overall process of Interaction Design/Information Architecture for complex highly functional business applications
* Both formally or informally uncover user needs and contexts via primary and secondary research techniques and leverage your learnings to come up with the big idea
* Create, present, and document proposed solutions from the big ideas to the smallest components which might include interaction models and flows, screen and component states, data and information hierarchies
* With a solid understanding of the users, steer not just the design but also, where appropriate, the product strategy
* Escort a proposed solution through to deployment and beyond ensuring that the vision becomes a reality.
Experience and Qualifications
* For lead-level, minimum 8 years of experience working as a user experience professional
* Master's degree preferred
* Has evaluated the goals and opportunities of an initiative and then worked to craft a program of work for the UX work stream which has included user research and synthesis, concepting, design, specification, QA, and deployment.
* Experience designing applications within complex business domains similar to financial services
* Demonstrable experience designing rich interactions for desktop, web, hand-held form factors
* Foundation education in graphic, industrial, interaction design or related degree. Master's degree preferred or equivalent advanced degree is preferred for our Lead roles.
* Track record of successful deliveries and a strong portfolio that highlights their ideas and end-product.
A portfolio with samples of work must be reviewed before an interview will be scheduled.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans