JP Morgan Chase: CIB Technology Compliance and Controls Engineer at JP Morgan Chase (Jersey City, NJ) (Jersey City, NJ)
Posted: Mar 11, 2019
Athena is a cross-asset platform transforming technology at JP Morgan. It delivers innovative and efficient applications to a wide range of firm's business, including sales, trading, operations, risk and research. Athena combines the best of open source technologies with innovative components developed internally, which gives a potential candidate ability to contribute to wide range of exciting projects. Our developers enjoy working with front office, quants and other technology teams.
We are looking for Technology Compliance and Controls Engineer to be responsible for the development and maintenance of our custom controls surface. This role calls for strong development skills and someone interested in creating effective controls that provide organizational operational assurance while minimizing impacts to developer productivity. The controls surface spans the software development life cycle (code development, commit, test, and release), data access, entitlements, and more. The role may involve cyber security aspects such as on-boarding to firmwide cyber security services and remediation of defects as they are discovered
- End-to-end management of controls projects from solution concept to timely implementation
- Use of a risk-based approach to identify and measure risks.
- Build and maintain awareness of all the controls and cyber security policies that must be conformed to. Use the firm standards when possible, and when not possible create a control that meets the policy in an evidence-able way.
- Investigate and follow up on control breaks through closure.
- Look for opportunities to improve and automate existing control solutions.
- Clear, complete documentation and communication of controls updates to senior management as well as internal & external auditors and regulators. Produce self-serve reports that show compliance.
- An understanding and passion for technology controls
- Experience with scripting and compiled languages, especially Python and C++
- Strong development skills
- Problem solving and debugging skills
- A motivated self-starter, able to work with little guidance
- A demonstrated history of thinking strategically and seeing projects through to successful completion
- Front-end/UX experience is a plus
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the worlds important corporations, governments and institutions. Youll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., youre not just working at a global financial institution. Youre an integral part of one of the worlds biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and were building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If youre looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran