Pivotal: Cloud Platform Architect- Thought Leader in Cloud Native Application & Platforms at Pivotal (London, UK) (London, UK)
Posted: Apr 8, 2019
At Pivotal, we’re changing the way the world builds software by helping organizations transform. Through adoption of our platform, tools, and methodology, these organizations have unleashed innovation and reduced time-to-market, spending less to maintain their existing application portfolio - and we can’t do it alone.
Our core values: Do the right thing. Do what works. Be kind.
Platform Architects are thought leaders in the field of cloud-native application development and have strong opinions on how large enterprises should build modern software applications. They help our customers succeed by driving outcomes measured by tangible improvements in their software delivery.
- Present Pivotal vision, value & strategy to executives and technical management using a variety of methods
- Ensure our customers succeed by working closely on different levels of abstractions; application frameworks, microservices, cloud solutions, containers, networking & infrastructure
- Continuously learn through experimenting hands-on with new tools and sharing of findings with team & community.
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Marketing & Engineering to continually refine Pivotal products
- Evangelizeto the business and software community via shared mediums incl. Social media, articles, conferences, meetups, etc.
- Have knowledge and experience with building & deploying enterprise or cloud scale applications
- Experience of whiteboarding complex concepts to a technical & business audience
- Knowledge of Agile & Lean methodologies and how they contrast with legacy practices
- Have an ability to collaborate and work interactively with our clients to ensure their successful deployment of Pivotal technology
- Have an ability to empathize with co-workers and clients
- Are technically curious with an appetite to learn and master emerging technologies
- Are coachable and willing to learn in order to adapt to a changing environment
One size does not fit all:
Our workplace should be as diverse as our communities. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive environment for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. This includes women, people of color, people with disabilities, the LGBT+ community, and other underrepresented minorities. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Law