Cloudreach: Cloud Software Engineer at Cloudreach (Philadelphia, PA) (Philadelphia, PA)
Posted: Apr 15, 2019
Big dreams often start small. From an idea in a London pub, we have grown into a global cloud enabler which operates across 7 countries and speak over 30 languages.
Our purpose at Cloudreach is to enable innovation. We do this by helping enterprise customers adopt and harness the power of cloud computing. We believe that the growth of a great business can only be fuelled by great people, so join us in our partnership with AWS, Microsoft and Google and help us build one of the most disruptive companies in the cloud industry. Its not your average job, because Cloudreach is not your average company.
As a Software Engineer you will be a key member of our Cloud Enablement team and will help drive the development of production applications and tools for Cloudreach customers, including but not limited to the modernization of existing applications. The engineer will be working in accordance with Cloudreach development methodologies and leveraging industry best practices, tools, and infrastructure to deliver high quality end products.
How will you spend your time at Cloudreach?
- Create well-designed, documented, and tested software features that meets customer product requirements.
- Review business requirements identified by the engagement manager and communicated via the customer product backlog and participate in the clarification of features and estimates within the Scrum process. Ensure deviations from requirements are clearly documented and agreed with the project manager prior to completion.
- Take responsibility for the technical quality of the features delivered across the team, including documentation, testing strategies, and code.
- Identify and address product bugs, deficiencies, and performance bottlenecks.
- Remain up-to-date on emerging technologies and architecture and propose ways to use them in current and upcoming projects.
- Leverage technical knowledge to cut scope while maintaining or achieving the overall goals of the product.
- Leverage technical knowledge to improve the quality and efficiency of product applications and tools.
- Mentor other team members to improve software development and delivery skills. Wherever possible, also mentor other Cloudreach staff in their career transitions towards software development.
What do we look for?
- Experience using existing libraries, frameworks, and RESTful APIs to create complex applications.
- Experience using code management and revision services such as Github and Bitbucket
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Ability to drive a feature or bug fix from discovery through to a stable deployment to production.
- Strong communication skills for documenting workflows, tools, or complex areas of a codebase.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and multi-task efficiently.
- Ability to work and collaborate in a team.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Participates in the development community (speaker at events, meetup organizer, blogging, or contributor to open-source software projects).
- Ability to travel up to 50% on average during any given month.
What are our cloudy perks?
- A MacBook Pro and smartphone
- Unique cloudy culture -- we work hard and play hard
- Uncapped holidays and your birthday off
- World-class training and career development opportunities through our own Cloudy University
- Centrally-located offices
- Working with a collaborative, social team, and growing your skills faster than you will anywhere else
- Quarterly kick-off events with the potential to travel abroad
- Full benefits and 401k match