PlanOmatic: Contract Software Developer (Denver)
Posted: Sep 21, 2018
Who We Are
PlanOmatic provides the real estate industry with marketing services, including photography, interactive floor plans, virtual staging, aerial photography, 3D walkthroughs and digital marketing. With a network of 130 photographers in 32 states and an automated ordering process, PlanOmatic is positioned to be every brokerage office’s marketing solution for every listing. Founded in 2005 and headquartered in Denver, PlanOmatic serviced more than 73,000 properties nationwide in the past year alone. The company has been named the last four consecutive years as one of Inc. 5000s “America’s fastest growing companies.” For additional information about PlanOmatic, please visit .
PlanOmatic is a technology driven company that provides marketing and advertising services to the real estate industry. We source and support our own contractor force and strive to provide our clients with a low effort experience through carefully crafted technology.
Our small, in-house Dev team is looking to expand in preparation for 2019. With a strict “no jerks” policy, we are looking for someone who can help us reach our goals while simultaneously contributing to the fun and supportive environment that this team has fostered.
We are looking for a full-time, in-house contract developer to join our team for the next 4-6 months. You will work directly with Ruby on Rails, Angular, and MySQL Database to develop software that both supports PlanOmatic’s internal business needs as well as the needs of our clients.
The position will report to our Technical Lead and will work closely with the CTO.
Position Roles & Responsibilities
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable and robust code.
- Maintain meticulous documentation of features
- Document user facing and internal data integrations
- Improve and maintain integration data structure
- Stay up-to-date with modern code writing practices
- Build front end applications with UX and mobile friendly use
- Communicate with Operations and Department heads to ensure systems and features are running properly
Who YOU Are
- 3-5 years experience:
- Building and maintaining full scale Ruby on Rails applications
- Working with MySQL
- Familiarity with at least one hosting platform (e.g. Heroku, EC2)
- Familiarity with Git
- Comfort working in various language abstractions, including SCSS & Coffeescript
- Experience working in distributed systems
- Proven success writing clean, maintainable and reusable code
- Proven success achieving ambitious goals under tight deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a user-centric development approach
- Ability to work independently and multi-task in a team-oriented environment
- Competitive pay commensurate with experience
- Dog-friendly office located in the up-and-coming neighborhood of RiNo
- Regular happy hour and team building activities
- Free lunch on Mondays