Posted: Sep 20, 2022
The Creative Services Designer will execute the creative direction and implementation of creative projects, as set by the VP and Design Director of the Playfly Creates team. They will find and implement thoughtful and effective creative solutions that help drive revenue through expert visual design and thoughtful visual representation of conceptual needs specific to each project. This is a hybrid role in NYC.
The ideal candidate will have comprehensive knowledge of presentation and digital creative projects and processes, strong graphic design skills, and experience in developing visual communications/presentations. This role is a key liaison within the Creative Partnerships team to create tangible solutions that connect business strategy, design, creative activation, and data relevant to each unique stakeholder on a project-by-project basis.
An enterprising attitude and substantial level of communication and collaboration is essential to success. Candidates must have an understanding of the needs of the various functions of fast-paced sales departments, along with agency/client needs. Candidates should be excited about playing a pivotal role in finding better ways for advertisers to speak to sports fans.
- Execute design executions across sales solutions marketing, email and social campaigns as communicated by head of Creative Partnerships.
- Leverage understanding of the marketplace, client objectives, advertiser/category nuances and Playfly capabilities to participate in creative process and produce visual RFP responses and presentations.
- Collaborate with sales, research and overall leadership to translate business goals into tangible, creative solutions. Serve as secondary creative development and design contact while working collaboratively with internal and external teams to ensure successful end-to-end execution.
- Act as project facilitator from conception through deployment by managing design resources and communicating creative logistics in order to meet deadlines with successful delivery.
- Build creative excellence in execution of current and emerging advertising media, while upholding the highest standards and best practices for all creative development in the Playfly ecosystem.
- Champion Playfly brand consistency across visual design assets.
- Contribute to growth of team and refinement of process/workflow
- Serve as a creative partner, as needed, to external agencies to provide design oversight
- BA Degree and at least 1-2 years of design/creative development experience in a broadcast/cable network, integrated marketing or agency environment
- English, strong communication skills
- Strategic acumen to best sell and represent ideas through well-written proposals that bring ideas to life
- Organization and project management skills
- Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, MS PowerPoint, MAC OS
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), After Effects
Other Skills & Abilities Required:
- Continually pushes creative boundaries with big ideas driven by consumer and client insights
- Proven exceptional ability to apply and perform design skills, including concepting, typography, ideation, color theory, texture, and spatial design in scale, visual presentation development and layout
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to current trends in color, design, art, photography and their application to the sports industry
- Prior experience working with agencies and their internal branded content groups is a plus
- Must be cross functional and well versed in all media platforms and emerging trends
- Must have excellent presentation skills, strong communication, written and organization skills
- Ability to adapt and multitask while managing various timelines and deadlines in a rapidly changing, high-growth environment
- Ability to build positive relationships with business leaders, peers and colleagues throughout the internal organization to ensure positive outcomes for HTS partnerships
- Demonstrated high level expertise using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator), and other computer design applications
- Ability to edit, convert and manipulate video files of all formats