Posted: Jun 11, 2021
Redphone is a multidisciplinary creative agency that specializes in brand strategy, identity development & packaging design. Our deep-rooted passion for effectual brand development drives everything we do.
We are a small, agile team ? and, we like it that way.
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
We're looking for someone who appreciates and understands the important role design plays in brand building. To us that means a genuine curiosity about the entire branding process coupled with comprehensive working knowledge of identity development, visual design, copywriting and production. A multifaceted, creative strategist. A natural problem solver. Someone who is open to doing things differently.
As the creative lead for our team, you will be responsible for defining creative vision and mobilizing a creative team to deliver high quality work. You will oversee the creative process from strategy development through to execution of all deliverables.
On a more personal level, you'll foster an environment of collaboration and teamwork and help bridge the working relationships we have with contract and freelance creatives. Personally invested in maintaining a strong creative culture that empowers individuals to explore new ways of thinking and share ideas.
- Lead brand strategy and oversee all creative development.
- Facilitate strategic business discussions and creative presentations with clients.
- Work closely with the Account Services team to understand client needs, assign creative resources and ensure all creative works are completed on time, on budget.
- Establish the appropriate creative approach for each project to ensure we are aligned client expectations, tailoring our process to accommodate a breadth of budgets and timelines.
- Communicate cross-functionally to understand and define creative needs.
- Guide and mentor the creative team through creative development, from idea generation through to final deliverables.
- Know how to identify and nurture great concepts from the team, while also contributing ideas of your own.
- Develop and evaluate key messaging that effectively positions the brands we work with.
- Provide thought leadership and inspiration to the organization by staying current on design trends and marketing techniques.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Design, Art, or related field.
- 10+ years of experience working in an agency environment.
- Have proven experience recruiting, leading, and setting a clear vision for a creative team.
- You can clearly demonstrate a process for translating brand strategy into visual and verbal messaging.
- Have a portfolio that highlights your proficiency in logo design and identity development, packaging and web design.
- You are a natural leader who always leads by example, willing to jump in and get your hands dirty.
- You enjoy a fast-paced creative environment.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and other design software is a must.
- Fluent in English, written and oral is required.
Have worked across a breadth of industries, including cannabis and packaged goods.
Can play a strong role in business development, finding ways to grow existing clients organically or by identifying new business opportunities.
Current portfolio to be submitted along with your application.