Creative Producer, Photo & Video
Posted: Jul 19, 2022
VinePair, the country's largest media company for the drinks industry, is seeking a Creative Producer to join our growing team. The ideal candidate is passionate about producing photography and video for media in the food and beverage space, and excited to join a fast-paced newsroom in a dynamic startup environment. This position will work closely with the Brand Partnerships and Editorial teams under the direction of our Art Director.
- Work closely with the art team to ideate photography standards that are within VinePair's visual style.
- Shoot product and still life in-studio, as well as on location in various environments.
- Edit, retouch, color-correct and own all aspects of post-production.
- Contribute ideas for photo essays and visual editorial projects.
- Help manage VinePair photo studio, maintaining equipment, props, and set design materials.
- Brainstorm social video ideas that are consistent with trends on social platforms and translate them to VinePair's drinks content.
- Produce multiple social videos per week for distribution across relevant platforms, working with Social Editor to ensure videos are optimized for all mediums (Instagram Reels, YouTube Shorts, TikTok).
- Edit, retouch, and optimize social videos in post production.
- Manage VinePair's TikTok account and post in-app directly.
- Work with the editorial team on best practices to amplify editorial content to quick and digestible social video.
- Oversee video production for recording across the VinePair Podcast Network.
- Opportunities to attend as a production assistant on brand partnership video & photoshoots.
- Shoot photo and/or video for smaller-budget brand partnership campaigns.
- Assist Art Director with photo and vendor research for large budget brand partnership campaigns.
- 2+ years experience working in photo/video production at a media company or relevant field
- Knowledge of digital, social, photo, and video trends.
- Deep proficiency in video creation, specifically for TikTok and Reels
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Lightroom) for output of quality visual assets post-production.
- Can creatively translate the needs of the brands and client into high quality output through a detailed understanding of the requirements of the platforms.
- Website/portfolio of photography is a must to be considered for this role.
- Experience and knowledge of the drinks industry is not required but is a major plus
- Experience and knowledge of high-level video production is not required but is a major plus
- Willingness to touch multiple facets of the company, beyond "job description" and learn from experts in the field.
- Must be able to work in-person in our NYC offices
- Must present proof of COVID-19 vaccination and booster
- Must love dogs (our offices are dog friendly!)
- Health insurance with 80% monthly premium covered, free OneMedical membership
- Regular wine and spirits classes, staff tastings, monthly events, and other team outings
- A fast-paced, exciting startup environment
- Educational stipend
Interested? Send resume, cover letter & website/portfolio to [email protected] Please note that these applications will be prioritized over LinkedIn applications