Creative Studio ISO Interior Designer / Spatial Designer / Concept Designer
Posted: Jan 16, 2023
Slate Shepherd is a creative studio seeking energetic and talented concept designers who can collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team and generate striking brand spaces. If you are driven by design, thrive on challenging convention, believe in the power of experiences and want to be pushed to the next level, this is the right place for you.
It's an exciting time to be creative. Society's understanding and appreciation of design is evolving, culture is shifting and emerging trends in behavior affect our every move. Entertainment-driven companies understand the most powerful impression occurs within the built environment. This requires us to go beyond architecture to develop a fully immersive experience that is deeply seated in meaning.
About Slate Shepherd
Slate Shepherd is an idea and concept studio driven by ideas, not rules. The company is composed of an experienced team with a prolific history of crafting engaging experiences. We operate across the nation for museums, professional sports franchises, university sports programs, and design-oriented real estate developers. The projects often blur the lines between art, brand, space, technology, and entertainment.
The ideal candidate will be a recent graduate to a developing design professional with 0-5 years of experience. You will be responsible for designing interior experiences that emotionally connect a brand to a customer.
We think the ideal candidate fits into one of the following categories:
An interior designer who enjoys storytelling.
An industrial designer who thinks about the room an object sits within.
An architectural designer who is inspired by Lebbeus Woods.
A graphic designer who thinks spatially.
An exhibit designer that appreciates the permanence of architecture.
This role focuses on delivering high concept designs and collaborating with the team to implement the design with fabrication and installation. The project work is a blend of strategy, interior design, spatial design, environmental design and digital design to create a holistic brand experience for our clients. The ideal candidate will enjoy:
- Collaborating with a creative director to design spatial concepts from start to finish. This includes discovery, research, strategy, design, bid documentation, construction administration.
- Generating multiple initial concepts and develop viable design solutions
- Integrating messaging, color, imagery, type and composition into three-dimensional built environments
- Collaborating with clients, design teams, and other designers across multiple industries
- Participating constructively in creative brainstorms
- Contributing a shared passion for travel, hospitality, and lifestyle experiences to inform our work
- Embracing uncertainty and thriving on exploration and problem solving
- A portfolio that showcases your thinking, process and finished work
- Expertise in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- 0-5 years of professional experience in the design industry
- The ability to produce client ready sketches is a plus
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to move quickly, challenge assumptions, solve problems and generate meaningful designs that respond to a host of project challenges
- Self motivated
- Passionate about design
Work / Life at Slate Shepherd
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include health insurance stipend, paid holidays and paid time off. We also offer annual bonus opportunities.
This is a full-time position with a complete benefits package. This could be in-office or remote for the right candidate. Compensation is based on skills and experience. To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]