MITRE: Cyber Security Engineer at MITRE (Stafford, VA) (Stafford, VA)
Posted: Jul 4, 2021
Are you a cyber expert who wants to make a difference? Come join us! We are seeking a strong technical candidate with a computer science or software engineering background to join a research and development team focused on investigating new technologies and building prototypes. A successful candidate for our team will enjoy a fast-paced team environment, working on cutting-edge technologies, and proactively develop solutions. In addition to C/C++ proficiency, you’ll bring familiarity in at least one related discipline to include cyber tool development, reverse engineering, vulnerability research, embedded systems development, cyber tradecraft, and cyber denial and deception. We think this is one of the coolest jobs out there.
This position offers the opportunity to dive into complex and rewarding work with high visibility and potential to build and improve solutions at the strategic forefront of national and domestic security. Working side-by-side with members of law enforcement and intelligence communities, our engineers enhance the safety and security of the nation on a daily basis.
Work Location: Location is somewhat flexible, but will primarily be based in the Washington DC metropolitan area and will require at least two days per week in Quantico, VA.
Clearance Required: Candidate must be willing to undergo processing for a Top Secret clearance and be able to ultimately obtain a TS clearance with polygraph.
Key Responsibilities include:
Working as part of a team in one or more areas such as:
- Reverse engineering mobile and embedded devices
- Developing forensic tools
- Researching hardware and software vulnerabilities
- Support to external government stakeholders
- Development of prototypes based on research
- Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
- At least5years’ experience
- Software development experience in C/C++, Python, or Java (must be proficient in prototyping using C/C++)
- Software vulnerability research experience
- Basic hardware engineering skills
- Verbal and written communicationsskills
- Ability to come up with creative solutions on the fly
- Self-starter with the ability to be proactive, self-managed, and able to interface well with sponsor personnel
- A Secret clearance with a willingness to obtain TS with polygraph
- Ability to spend 2 days per week at the customer location in Quantico, VA
- Advanced degree inComputer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, orrelated technical field of study
- 5-8 years previous experience preferred
- Familiarity with operational cyber concepts and objectives
- Familiarity with mobile app programming languages and scripting tools. (e.g., Java, Python, C, C++)
- Familiarity with composition of executables
- Familiarity with Ghidra/IDA Pro
- Familiarity with ARM, x86 assembly
- Familiarity with Linux and/or other POSIX compliant operating systems.
- Ability to work independently and independently learn new technologies, languages, platforms, etc.
- Existing Top-Secret Clearance