Comcast: Data Center Network Engineer 2 at Comcast (Mount Laurel, NJ) (Mount Laurel, NJ)
Posted: Jun 29, 2018
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. We work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
The Network Engineer on Comcast's Network Engineering Data Center team will be responsible for developing and defining the technical vision and direction for the next generation data center Application internetworking centric solutions which include but not limited to front-end, mid-tier and backend services full design, execution and both automatic incident detection and correction which translate into end to end life of a packet expertise from the source to the destination.
The successful candidate will have experience in the following critical domains and have a history of creating innovative data center management solutions for a variety of different platforms and services.
Data Center services Require a candidate who has experience with current data center technologies in network switching and routing and knowledge of the application network requirements in design and evaluation of technologies in the virtual switching, container based domains, routing and storage arena.
Vendor certifications from Cisco, Juniper and Arista.
Application high availability and load balancing algorithm and rules familiarity
Automation scripting expertise such as: Ansible, Python, Perl, Docker and Kubernetes
Candidates for this role must have evidence of, and experience with, the following technical skills:
Strong technical background in Data Center (DC) technologies, including (but not exclusive to) servers, load balancers, virtualization, networking, infrastructure management, security and data center applications.
Experience designing converged application infrastructure solutions and ability to articulate impact of architecture decisions
Converged Infrastructure concepts, managing projects to implement a solution, coordinating technical and business resources, and leading change efforts
Experience with more than three DC technologies (Application virtualization, networking, software, load balancing)
Ability to architect, articulate (to different stakeholders), and implement complex application solutions spanning multiple technologies, and business domains
Documentation of application infrastructure design, system builds, configurations, and support procedures
Performing end to end application assessment and provide recommendations including defect analysis and recommendations
Good understanding of high-level application and fabric network architecture
Active Vendor Certifications such as (CCIE, CCNP, JNCIE, and etc..)
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
- Authorization to work in the US is required
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Determines and implements corporate communications network and information technology standards.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex network issues.
- Determines and documents internal telecommunications systems.
- Designs and configures telecommunications systems.
- Establishes and maintains network performance objectives.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.