Deloitte: Data Science Senior Manager at Deloitte (New York, NY) (New York, NY)
Posted: Oct 10, 2019
AAI – Data Science – Senior Manager
We help clients achieve competitive advantage through data and cognitive powered transformations that promote enterprise intelligence, autonomous processes, and precision stakeholder engagement.
As part of Deloitte’s Strategy and Analytics talent group, Analytics & Cognitive is the premier data-powered and platform-enabled cognitive consultancy. Our vision is to be the Cognitive Consultancy of choice, leading clients to the future of how humans and machines work together through insights enablement, application modernization, advanced value creation, platform transformation, personalized customer engagement and workforce evolution.
Work you’ll do
As a Deloitte Consulting Senior Manager in in the Deloitte Strategy & Analytics Group, you will provide insight and technical and analytical support in a consulting environment across multiple industries. The job functions include the following:
- Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients
- Organize and lead pursuit teams
- Participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process
- Contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
- Provide overall project management and client relationship support
- Actively participate in defining project scope and objectives
- Provide technical design assistance for predictive model development
- Present and communicate project deliverables/results to clients
- Function as integrator between business operation needs and advanced analytical solutions
Analytics & Cognitive
In this age of disruption, organizations need to navigate the future with confidence, embracing decision making with clear, data-driven choices that deliver enterprise value in a dynamic business environment. The Analytics & Cognitive team leverages the power of data, analytics, robotics, science and cognitive technologies to uncover hidden relationships from vast troves of data, generate insights, and inform decision-making. Together with the Strategy practice, our Strategy & Analytics portfolio helps clients transform their business by architecting organizational intelligence programs and differentiated strategies to win in their chosen markets.
Analytics & Cognitive will work with our clients to:
- Implement large-scale data ecosystems including data management, governance and the integration of structured and unstructured data to generate insights leveraging cloud-based platforms
- Leverage automation, cognitive and science-based techniques to manage data, predict scenarios and prescribe actions
- Drive operational efficiency by maintaining their data ecosystems, sourcing analytics expertise and providing As-a-Service offerings for continuous insights and improvements
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience with SAS, R, Python, Alteryx, and big data platforms (Microsoft Azure, Hadoop Cloudera, etc.), with at least two (2) years of relevant experience in an external consulting role
- Minimum six (6) years of experience in data analytics, data modeling and data sciences
- Minimum six (6) years of experience leading multiple project teams simultaneously on relevant engagements
- Proven experience in business development and/or proposal development in support of related specialty areas
- Bachelors’ degree
- Ability to travel 80-100% of the time
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in statistics, actuarial science or related field of study
- Advanced analytical experience in retail operations analytics, retail workforce analytics, marketing mix modeling, customer analytics, and/or procurement, supply chain and inventory analytics in a retail environment
- Strong competency for statistical software packages (SAS, SPSS, MATLAB)
- Solid understanding of advanced analytics (statistics, simulation, optimization, etc.)
- Modeling expertise using statistical techniques such as logistic and linear regression, decision trees, neural network or clustering techniques
- Actuarial designation or actuarial background
- Strong project management and delivery experience, including budget oversight and staffing of project teams including time management
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel)
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule including overtime
- Previous experience mentoring, training and developing junior members of the team; experience in employee performance reviews
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.