Deloitte: Deloitte: Federal Senior Data Scientist - Orlando / Mary, FL - minimal travel at Deloitte (Lake Mary, FL) (Lake Mary, FL)
Posted: Jul 11, 2018
***This position require U.S. Citizenship per governmental requirements***
Role Title: Federal Data Scientist – Senior Solution Specialist
Location: Orlando / Lake Mary, FL – US Delivery Center
Relocation: Assistance is available
Minimal travel: Possible travel up to 10-20%
Employment: Permanent full-time employment is available, contracts are not available
Authorization: Candidates must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship per project regulations
Analytics & Cognitive – Federal Data Scientist – Senior Solution Specialist - USDC
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology – a solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feel and share new ideas with your colleagues - without the extensive demands of travel? If so, consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center – we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below …
Work you’ll do/Responsibilities
- Develop advanced quantitative modules using a variety of programs/software to support predictive assessments
- Provide expertise for analytic, programmatic, strategic, and operational analysis.
- Perform technical risk analysis and reliability assessments.
- Perform multiple forms of advanced analyses, sustainment, optimization, text analytics, machine learning, social-science modeling and statistical analysis, parametric and non-parametric statistical models and techniques.
- Provide recommendations for plans, programs, strategies, policies and budgets
- Design algorithms that require a number of different models/methods to be used in an ensemble
From our centers, we work with Deloitte consultants to design, develop and build solutions to help clients reimagine, reshape and rewire the competitive fabric of entire industries. Our centers house a multitude of specialists, ranging from systems designers, architects and integrators, to creative digital experts, to cyber risk and human capital professionals. All work together on diverse projects from advanced preconfigured solutions and methodologies, to brand-building and campaign management. We are a unique blend of skills and experiences, yet we underline the value of each individual, providing customized career paths, fostering innovation and knowledge development with a focus on quality. The US Delivery Center supports a collaborative team culture where we work and live close to home with limited travel.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Math and or equivalent experience
- 7+ years’ of data extraction/manipulation using scripts specific to C, C++, Perl, Python, VBA, PL/SQL, XML, JSON
- Experience in data modeling, analysis, design, development and implementation of complex enterprise data solutions
- 7+ years’ of experience with presentation and data analysis software such as: SAS, R, SPSS, MATLAB, Qlikview, Excel and Access
A qualified data scientist will have hands-on experience with one or more analytics tools and platforms – SAS, SPSS, Python, R, Hadoop – as well as some number of the following analytic models and approaches:
- Conditional Random Fields
- Gaussian Process
- Gradient Boosted Trees
- Hidden Markov Models
- Hierarchical Clustering
- Information Retrieval Algorithms
- K Nearest Neighbors
- Kalman Filter
- Latent Dirichlet Allocation
- Latent Semantic Indexing
- Linear Regression
- Logistic Regression
- Markov Process
- Maximum Entropy Markov Models
- Mixture Models
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- Multinomial Logistic Regression
- Natural Language Processing
- Neural Networks
- Random Forests
- Random Walk
- Restricted Boltzmann Machine
- Smith-Waterman Alignment
- SVD, A-SVD, SVD++, HOSVD
- SVM, one class-SVM
- Spectral Clustering
- Vector Space Mode
Must be a US Citizen
Must be willing to live and work in the Orlando, FL area
- Experience working for the Department of Defense and/or U.S. Marine Corp
- Experience conducting Modeling and Simulation Analysis, DoD Science and Technology (S&T) Analysis, Program Analysis and Evaluation, C4/IT and Cyber Analysis, Manpower Analysis, Training and Education Analysis, DoD Logistics, Maintenance, and Supply Analysis, Naval Amphibious Shipping Analysis, Strategic Plans Analysis, Strategic Investment Analysis, Cost and Economic Modeling and Analysis, Operations Research Analysis, Readiness Analysis, Force Preservation Analysis
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.