Posted: Jun 10, 2021
Location: Remote (Time Zone: Central / Mountain / Pacific)
Based in Louisville, KBD is a growing branding and web agency that partners primarily with venture capital firms and enterprise technology companies to build compelling brands and cutting edge digital experiences. We are looking for a highly talented individual that can deliver innovative solutions with an "oh wow" factor for our predominately Silicon Valley-based clients.
The ideal candidate should have a deep, well-rounded understanding of design principles (specifically in the B2B space) and should have the ability to create/support effective brands for our clients' industries. Furthermore, the design director can expect to collaborate across teams on a wide variety of topics including: leading a team of designers, logo & branding design, web design, high-end Keynote/PowerPoint presentation design, printed collateral, trade show materials, video design, event design, and much more.
- Oversees day-to-day client project management of active jobs, including estimating, scheduling, art direction, design and presentation to clients for both design and web jobs
- Oversees and coordinates with Project Manager for opening new jobs and updating existing jobs
- Have a deep understanding of client industries, what problems they solve, how their technologies work and be able to understand how to translate that into design and guide other designers accordingly
- Partner effectively with all departments to ensure delivery of on-time, on-budget, high-quality deliverables
- Maintain a personable and open communication stream with clients through daily or weekly check in meetings throughout the project duration
- Communicates strategic goals into actionable design solutions
- Managing clients requests to ensure the agreed upon scope of work is adhered to; creation of change orders as applicable.
- Collaborate with the KBD Creative Director on a multitude of projects, ensuring KBD standards are met
- Communicate feedback with a clear and concise purpose
- Stay up-to-date with design and technology trends and continually challenge and inspire the design team
- Balance time effectively between client management, meetings art direction and design/production work
- 7-10+ years working for an in-house creative team, design studio, or creative/agency environment
- Experience in dealing with clients and delivering on short deadlines
- BA or BFA in Graphic Design, Communication Design, or related field
- Proficient in Adobe CC and Mac OS; advanced experience using Keynote and Microsoft PowerPoint (specifically with templates and masters) is a must
- Experience in After Effects, animation is a HUGE plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including ability to articulate conceptual design solutions to clients
- Experience with Google Suite (Docs, Slides, Drive)
- Must be agile and adaptable to constantly changing parameters
- Easily adaptable to changing priorities and client needs
- Understanding/awareness of the aesthetic and culture of Silicon Valley
KBD offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including health benefits, generous vacation and opportunity for advancement.
KBD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran's status, genetic information, or any other protected class established by law. In addition to federal law requirements, KBD complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.