Design Intern (U.S. remote)
Posted: May 3, 2021
If you are a potential graphic designer, art director, video editor, or UX/UI designer who is eager to learn new skills and improve your portfolio, we'd love to hear from you. You have an eagle eye for detail and enjoy digital marketing, but you might be new to the field or still attending school?that's okay with us.
This is a great internship opportunity. Though our main base in San Diego, CA, this is a remote position for U.S. residents. You'll jump right into the mix, working with our tight-knit teams as a member of our staff, gaining experience with an international roster of clients like Expedia, Realtor.com, Petco, Hotels.com, and many more. So, if you envision a future for yourself on the Design team in an agency setting, we'd love to meet you.
What you'll do:
You're in charge of creating eye-catching visuals that satisfy clients and in-house needs. Some of your daily responsibilities may include:
· Creating graphics and design layouts for social media channels, client-facing presentations (templates), visual mock-ups for campaigns, marketing collaterals, and more.
· Collaborating with in-house departments to support campaigns and create design solutions.
· Applying design theory to marketing campaigns with a range of programs.
· Incorporating UI/UX best practices in web applications and optimizing designs for mobile formats.
· Editing videos and creating motion graphics for multiple purposes.
· Participating in internal meetings and collaborating on ideation sessions.
We embrace diverse backgrounds, but as our ideal candidate you'll need to know your way around Adobe Suite programs, but you'd still be learning the tricks of the trade and looking to expand your skillset. We expect that you're interested in meeting daily, weekly, or long-term deadlines in a fast-paced demand. We will stimulate you to learn and hone the skills you'll need to make it on any design and creative marketing team.
· Prior graphic design experience demonstrated in a portfolio
· Solid grasp of contemporary design concepts
· Comfortable working in Adobe Creative Suite
· Eager to learn more about the design process
· Able to multitask and fulfill multiple project deadlines
· HTML and CSS knowledge is a plus
· Experience with video editing is a super plus
What we offer
You'll get from this internship a solid and updated portfolio, lasting connections in the design and marketing world, and an excellent experience to add to your resume and working journey.
With this position, we are looking for at least a 6-month commitment, 20 hours per week, with the possibility for hire upon completion.
Your base salary will be $15.00/hour
PACIFIC is founded on the premise that there's always more to discover. Whether it's merging data with SEO best practices to deliver engaging consumer experiences or merging winning content with flawless design to enhance customer engagement and brand loyalty, we work to deliver new insight and unique quality to every client.
We believe in:
· Crafting entertaining and engaging digital experiences.
· Extending brands beyond websites and into mobile, social media, and the open web.
· Creating winning relationships between our clients and their best customers.
· Translating discovery to action.
If this is resonating, we look forward to hearing from you!
Please, send your resume and portfolio via Behance or via email (web link or pdf) to [email protected]
Location: San Diego, CA (remote)