Design Lead / Senior Digital Designer
Posted: Apr 29, 2021
Life is short, make it count. Liforme is a company with boundless ambition and we fundamentally believe that we can change the World significantly through our business. Through challenging the norm and pushing boundaries, we are on a mission to make better products that are truly environmentally conscious, with a supply chain and business practices that are genuinely ethical and socially just. A company of leaders and innovators, who will do whatever it takes to fulfil our mission. Our core products will always be best in class, truly useful and properly made. We will always keep innovating, and we will always give back to the World.
We are a dynamic, fast growing (2019 Sunday Times Fast Track 100), privately owned and digitally-native company in the Yoga & wellness sector with sales in over 170 countries Worldwide, and with many exciting things in the pipeline. We are a "Direct 2 PeopleTM"(D2P) business, focused on e-commerce through our website Liforme.com
Headquartered in central London and now working in a hybrid remote + office structure, we are continuing to grow and strengthen our team with the addition of further like-minded, bright and ambitious people.
--- Your role ---
As Senior Digital Designer, you will lead our in-house Design Team and report in parallel to our Head of E-Commerce and our Brand Engagement Manager, as well as directly at times to our Founder/CEO. You will also work with other functional department heads on certain design-related projects and ongoing tasks.
Mentoring and working alongside our Junior Graphic Designer, you will be responsible primarily for servicing the commercial and marketing functions of the business with market-leading graphic & visual design assets to deliver against strategic goals, as well as guiding the brand's reputation & value through innovative and original marketing initiatives. Your role is integral to ensuring the brand messages & design aesthetic are consistent across all touch points. You will deliver on-trend design that reflects the company's ethics, values & mission in a voice that speaks to our customer demographic.
As a highly organised individual, you will manage the delivery of all required creative assets in accordance with ambitious timelines. You will take an active design role, executing the senior work yourself, whilst building your team through efficient delegation and management.
We are seeking someone ambitious, with a positive attitude. Someone humble, that believes in and follows our Founder-led business mission. Someone confident, who can contribute to group creative discussions. A team player who thrives on creative collaboration as well as efficiency, and who can work in a fast-paced, highly creative environment and be meticulously organised. A smart, problem-solving, solution-seeking designer who looks at the big picture as well as the details. We're looking for someone whose values align with ours, and who is willing to go above and beyond to grow our business in pursuit of our company's mission to be a force for good in the World.
--- What you'll bring ---
- An excitement for design and all things creative, naturally!
- Best practices for digital design across social, email and web
- Confidence in owning projects & taking direction
- Excellent attention to detail
- Reliable, flexible and cooperative approach
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and stay organised in a dynamic work environment
- Highly self-motivated and driven attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
--- What you'll have ---
Essential key skills:
- Advanced Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign skills
- Premiere Pro and After Effects skills
- Working knowledge of Sketch / Figma
- A keen eye and passion for current design trends
- Strong organisational, planning & project management skills
- Strong portfolio demonstrating clear design thinking and problem solving
- 4+ years in-house design experience (Mid/Senior level)
- 2+ years e-commerce experience
- 2+ years experience managing at least one junior team member
- Experience in Shopify or similar e-commerce CMS
- Experience & confidence in managing another
- Graphic Design degree or similar
- Interest in Yoga and wellbeing, a bonus!
- Experience working in a start-up or fast growing e-commerce business
How to Apply:
Please send your CV & portfolio to [email protected], and quote 'DESIGN LEAD / SENIOR DIGITAL DESIGNER' in the subject line of your email.