Designer - Creative & Marketing Team
Posted: Sep 14, 2021
As a Designer at Plex you will be responsible for creating beautiful and engaging content to bring the Plex brand to life in the digital space. You should have a strong, clean visual design sense; be an advocate for simple, modern design and be able to easily adapt to rapid changes in consumer preferences. We're a small, remote team ? so everyone here makes a huge impact. This full time position reports to the Group Creative Director.
What you'll do
- Create and deliver assets for digital marketing channels including emails, paid media, social media, partner assets, and website updates.
- Support website design, producing assets and layout updates as needed.
- Interpret creative direction and apply feedback appropriately.
- Optimize, slice, prepare, and deliver final files across platforms.
- Develop design concepts that are well thought out and deliver against the creative brief.
- Design assets based on Plex's brand guidelines and existing design equity while finding new and exciting ways to expand our visual language in the digital space.
- Design within our partners brand guidelines with rigour.
- Present clear ideas and concepts to leadership other team members.
- Work effectively with all members of the organization.
- Imagine new ways of bringing digital experiences to life through interaction and content.
- Stay current on the competitive landscape, including email marketing and social campaigns, to differentiate Plex within a quickly growing market.
What you bring to the table
- 3 - 5 years of experience at an agency or in-house.
- BFA in Design or comparable experience.
- An exciting portfolio of design projects that showcases experience with digital design and designing for social media.
- Excellent typography skills, a great eye for color, layout, and keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience designing and re-sizing assets for a variety of digital spaces.
- The ability to juggle multiple tasks, prioritize effectively, and meet deadlines.
- Excitement around emerging technologies and a drive to continue learning and experimenting.
- You care about the work and the people you work with and enjoy solving complex and interesting work challenges.
- Proficiency in design tools from the Adobe Creative Suite and familiarity with Figma.
Bonus points for
- Entertainment industry experience
- Email development, Wordpress, or HTML skills
- Motion Graphics and video design experience
Who we are
Plex is a global streaming media platform that gives millions of customers around the world the freedom to enjoy all the content they love in one simple, beautiful app. We're on a mission to become the world's largest and most active community for movies and TV shows, where people help each other discover, curate, enjoy, and share all of their favorite content, every single day. Yes, that's a really audacious vision, but we all believe we can get there.
What sets us apart
- We are the largest independent streaming platform built by a global team of employees who are fanatically passionate about delivering the highest quality, most unified, and user-friendliest entertainment experience possible.
- We have always been a distributed organization, with people making great things happen in nearly 20 different countries and 11 time zones.
- While we are headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, the vast majority of our employees are 100% remote, with in-person off-sites to bring team members together a few times a year.
- We are passionate about our mission and we work hard, while still providing flexibility around a schedule that works for you.
- We love what we're building and our user community is an integral part of our development process. We actively engage with customers to understand what is working, what they want more of, and how we can be better.
- We are committed to improving the communities where we live and work with charitable contributions, partnerships, and service.
What we value
- Kindness, humility, and helpfulness
- Speed, creativity, and agility
- Healthy debate
- Our remote culture
- Giving back
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Unlimited time off
- Paid parental leave
- Hardware stipend
- Flextime, work from anywhere
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical/dental/vision) (US employees)
- Stock Options
- 401k (US employees)
- Plex for the Planet community service opportunities
Sound interesting? We're looking for a Designer who is ready to join us to have a material impact in Plex's growth and success.
Plex is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.