Posted: Nov 8, 2019
Volkswagen of America (VWoA) is looking for a full-time Designer to join our Virginia HQ. This role will work collaboratively with a cross-disciplinary, cross-functional team to concept, design, and create compelling content across multiple social platforms. This role will be an influential force behind VWoA social content, both visually and conceptually, and will help define how VWoA looks and feels online.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Alongside the Creative Lead, define the day-to-day look and feel of VWoA on social
- Contribute to creative process in meetings and presentations with internal/external teams
- Ideate/create social content under tight deadlines and working closely with business owners
- Work closely with team leads to evaluate creative performance and implement changes as needed
- Manage some of the full cycle of production: development, pre-pro, producing on set as needed
- Play an extremely collaborative role with internal teams (i.e. PR, Experiential, Marketing) and external partners (i.e. photographers/videographers/talent)
- Partner with Copywriter to ensure the copy direction works for the creative direction
- Repurpose existing photo and video assets for social in fresh, new ways
- Bring latest design trends, best practices and technical innovations across relevant digital platforms
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ years of related experience in an agency or in-house environment
- An exceptional portfolio of work showcasing web, mobile, application solutions that includes experience working in content production
- In-depth knowledge of appropriate usage of the latest versions of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premier, Bridge, image optimization for web, and other web authoring / motion graphic tools.
- Bonus: video-editing and motion graphics with experience working in After Effects and Premier.
- Expert knowledge of social (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube) and interest in emerging platforms, as well as experience working with various online ad design specs and media requirements
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment, with minimal oversight
- Enthusiastic about pivoting priorities?viewing them as a creative challenge
- Excellent managerial and leadership abilities
- An energetic team player, with a can-do attitude and a positive personality who contributes to the overall culture of VWoA content & social team.
- A passionate steward of the Volkswagen brand, internally and externally.