NAIS: Salesforce Software Engineer (DC or Boston, MA - Remote)
Posted: Feb 20, 2015
For more than 40 years, School and Student Services by NAIS has helped connect hundreds of thousands of students with an exceptional education. In fact, more than 2,000 independent schools and non-profit organizations leverage our technology to identify the families most in need of financial aid assistance.
Now, we've upgraded our cornerstone technology to the Force.com platform to be even more efficient, intuitive, and valuable to the schools we serve. That’s why we’re seeking a highly talented and versatile Software Engineer with a strong understanding of object oriented programming and SaaS Systems, specifically Salesforce.com. The person in this role will develop new features, and improve upon existing ones. They will also provide production support by trouble shooting issues, proposing solutions, developing, testing fixes, and migrating solutions. We are looking for someone who is an enthusiastic problem-solver and proactively dives into technical challenges and best practices research.
Why SSS by NAIS?
A passion for education and drive to make a difference define why NAIS is a great place to work. We foster an environment where new ideas are welcome, bureaucracy is frowned upon, and employees are recognized and rewarded for their ideas.
SSS cultivates a spirit of innovation found in today’s best software companies but within the context of a non-profit environment where resources are committed to schools and families, not shareholders.
You’ll find the ability to make a difference. The security and pride that comes with working for an altruistic endeavor. And the flexibility and benefits that you deserve. That’s what it means to work at SSS by NAIS.
If you’re as excited about the future as we are, we hope you consider this unique career opportunity.
- Design, implement and deploy Salesforce.com based cloud application solutions for internal and external clients.
- Work closely with business teams to understand business requirements and desired functionality
- Partner with external consultancy teams and third party vendors to develop consistent solutions
- Quickly become an expert on the product architecture and existing implementation
- Production support and troubleshooting
- Follow standard coding practices, keeping custom code organized, readable, maintainable, and documented
- Communicate issues or project details effectively with direct reports, peers and managers
- B.S. in computer science or related major required
- 3-5 years of enterprise software engineering experience required (Java experience preferred)
- 1-2 years of Force.com development experience with APEX and Visualforce
- 1-2 years of experience in Salesforce.com configuration including and not limited to workflows, data validations, import tools, security & sharing
- Excellent knowledge of Salesforce.com technical architecture.
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce APIs, SOAP or REST based web services
- Strong knowledge of relational databases and data modeling including Salesforce.com SOQL, SOSL query language
- Strong knowledge of MVC concepts, object-oriented methodologies and approaches
- Familiarity with development tools such as Eclipse & GIT.
- Experience using the Force.com data loader, ETL tools and handling data migration assignments
- Understanding of SFDC Governor Limits and best practice guidelines
- Experience with structured software development methodologies/processes, change management, and release management
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a cross-functional project team with minimal supervision
- Comfortable translating non-technical requests and business requirements into usable features
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication
- Boston, MA or Washington, D.C. area resident
- Experience developing integrations to other cloud based SaaS applications as well as custom or packaged internally hosted applications.
- ADM201, DEV401 and DEV501 certifications
How to Apply:
For further consideration, please submit your application online at: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=12529071.
Please attach your cover letter with resume to your application online, when prompted. Applicants who are selected to move forward in the process, will be contacted directly. Regretfully, we are unable to respond to all applicants on the status of their applications.
For more information about nais, please visit our site at www.nais.org/.