Creative Assembly: DevOps Engineer at Creative Assembly (Horsham, UK) (Horsham, UK)
Posted: Aug 15, 2019
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join the CA team. In this role, you will be a part of our IT services team, responsible for the implementation of game-agnostic and company-wide online services. Helping to ensure the game teams deliver their games on time with the services required.
This role will be instrumental in building and managing infrastructure on our AWS and local infrastructure. As a member of our IT services team, you will be key in developing frameworks and tools to automate and help accelerate all aspects of product development, pipelines, tooling and service monitoring.
You'll be working to identify issues, improving the quality/security of the systems and optimising delivery processes for the development team.
You will be key in developing feature implementations and integration, remaining hands on and practical with the work on the team. You will share your experience of working with high-volume systems, to help provide a resilient and responsive online service for our significant player base.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Experience working with AWS environments and containerisation of services
- Good understanding of web technologies and tools
- Experience in Docker, Kubernetes, Microservices, Serverless
- Experience with setting up CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, Ansible)
- Experience with distributed source control (GitHub)
- Experience of working with high-volume systems
- Strong communication skills. You will be liaising with the product owners, technical leads, developers and design teams to systems run smoothly
- Linux expertise
- Worked on highly scalable applications
- Awareness of CA games
- Experience of issue management tools e.g. Jira
- Understanding of whole tech stack, from design to implementation to LiveOps, plus an appreciation of how tech decisions can impact and affect other areas of the business
- Desire to always improve and keep up to date with current technologies
- Experience in Agile work practices
- Experience in a lead role or management
- Assisting with recruiting, mentoring and training new team members.
- Avid gamer
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support so you can truly excel in your area of expertise
- Support in Learning and Development; internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases.
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.