TomTom: DevOps Engineer in Traffic and Travel Information at TomTom (Berlin, Germany) (Berlin, Germany)
Posted: Feb 14, 2019
You’ll move the world forward. Every day, we create the most innovative mapping and location technologies to shape tomorrow’s mobility for the better.
We are proud to be one team of more than 5,000 unique, curious, passionate problem-solvers spread across the world. We bring out the best in each other. And together, we help the automotive industry, businesses, developers, drivers, citizens and cities move towards a safe, autonomous world that is free of congestion and emissions.
What you’ll do
- Deployment of software via the DTAP chain
- Clear and maintained documentation of the team’s systems
- A stable DTAP environment for developers and external and internal customers
- Outcome of investigations initiated by issues and problems, with the goal of pinpointing improvements
- Migration from private cloud to public cloud, (ie. OpenStack to AWS, Azure and Ali-Cloud)
- Active participation in a close-knit team
- Define and improve infrastructure and deployment setups under Linux in a cloud environment.
- Monitoring of our systems & support in case of incident situations
What you’ll need
- Solid experience working with Puppet to manage servers and release software (PuppetLabs)
- Basic experience with maintaining network infrastructures and firewalls
- Basic experience with Terraform
- Solid experience with Tomcat, MySQL
- Advanced experience with RedHat/CentOS Linux
- Troubleshooting VM environments
What’s nice to have
- Bash scripting (Python or Ruby is a plus!)
- At least some experience with deploying software or working in DevOps (a plus)
- At least basic knowledge of Azure (Ali-Cloud is a plus!)
- At least basic knowledge of OpenStack
Meet your team
We’re TTI (Traffic and Travel Information), a product unit within TomTom’s Location Technology Products technical unit. We use probe data collected from a community of hundreds of millions of connected devices to develop products and services that help consumers and businesses optimize their journeys. Our team’s flagship service, TomTom Traffic, provides precise real-time and predictive analytics for road users and businesses and their award winning on-street parking service helps people locate that hard-to-find parking spot. On our team, you’ll see your work make a difference in how the world moves.
We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we’re guided by six values: We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create – driven to make a difference; we are confident, but don’t boast; we keep it simple, since life is complex enough; and we have fun because life’s too short to be boring.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through your onboarding.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
We celebrate diversity, thrive on each other’s differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment at our offices around the world. Naturally, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, genetics, or age.
Ready to move the world forward?