Ludomade: Digital Art Director (Los Angeles)
Posted: Feb 3, 2016
Ludomade is looking for a Digital Art Director with the creativity and passion to create award-winning digital work; whether it be a mobile game, an interactive web experience or a six-foot-tall, Kinect-driven digital installation.
Our studio and culture is geared towards producing great work. We are made up of lean, focused teams of talented artists, designers, game and web developers.
You will have the opportunity to work on high-profile web and mobile projects for a roster of clients including Activision, DreamWorks, Bandai, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Fox, Sony Pictures and Ubisoft... as well as original mobile games IP. Your work will help shape the direction of future projects.
This position is full-time and is located in Los Angeles, CA.
What You Will Do
Work within an exceptional interdisciplinary team of fellow creative minds to create inspired, polished and effective work that you can be excited by and proud to be a part of. The Art Director works on digital products, platforms and applications from concept through execution and has the ability to work independently, in tandem with the senior creative team, and collaboratively with a cross discipline team including artists, animators, front-end developers and the games team.
If this type of work excites you, then we should talk. The projects will change, but the goal is always the same: to create amazing work for amazing clients. You will help push the bar of quality and innovation higher each day.
Who We’re Looking For
- A gifted designer with consistent and ambitious polish who can handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Love of perfecting user experiences/interfaces and enabling interaction/play through great design
- Proactive and thoughtful - you will be surrounded by talent and encouraged to mentor and inspire the junior team
- A collaborative spirit - you’ll be an important member of an impressive team and work directly alongside other disciplines to make great work better
- Motion graphics or animation capabilities is a plus
- A true fan of digital culture.
- 2-3 years of experience in an agency or entertainment company
- Exceptional portfolio showcasing solid design experience in consumer web or mobile app projects
- Experience in creative concepting and problem solving
- Some entertainment/game experience is a plus, but not required - a passion for these areas is preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Interest in experimenting with new technologies; eager to learn
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and technology
- Must be highly self-motivated and collaborative with the ability to work on multiple initiatives
- Must have a high degree of flexibility and can-do attitude
- Proven knowledge in design, UX and mobile trends.
If you're on top of your game (or would like to be), care about your work, want to work with like minded people at the forefront of the industry, send us a folio that captures the essence of your amazing body of work - we’d love to talk.
All applicants must provide links to existing work or portfolio.
This job is not open to recruiters.
How to Apply:
submit your portfolio and cv to [email protected]