Posted: Jul 10, 2020
We're looking for someone with experience in both digital design and print, we are going through brand consolidation and refresh process and we need someone to work with our marketing manager to redesign our website, bring together our internal and external documents and create a consistent brand identity across multiple companies and services.
You'll own the creative process across all media from the website to social media through to print collateral and even the signage on our vehicles and the uniform our operations colleagues wear. You'll be responsible for our appearance, not only to the outside world but our colleagues as well, allowing them to understand who we are and what we represent.
Established in 1980, the WasteCare Group now employs over 500 people based at 9 regional service centres and 7 recycling facilities throughout the UK. We collect and recycle over 200,000 tonnes of hazardous and difficult waste, on behalf of over 20,000 organisations annually throughout the UK. We've been recently listed in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 for companies with the fastest growing profit and we're looking to set our sights even higher in 2020.
Our growth and success are due to our commitment to providing our clients with a first-class service combined with the highest environmental standards. As a private company, we are continually investing in innovative technology and sustainable growth. This has enabled us to combine a deep understanding of our clients' requirements with a uniquely flexible service that can be readily tailored to any organisational requirement, within an evolving market and ever-changing regulation.
Initially, you'll focus on redesigning our website and creating brand guidelines, but you'll also get involved with ongoing artwork requirements and the redesigning/updating of documents such as:
- The Company Overview
- Proposals and tenders
- PowerPoint Presentations
- Email templates
- Preparing images for the website
- Leaflets and pamphlets
- Social media artwork and banners
We have an internal software team as we develop our systems in house, so an interest in UX and interaction design would be great as well.
- Creative, highly literate with an exceptional eye for detail in layout, content and typography
- Able to contribute original digital design ideas with an enthusiastic 'can-do' attitude
- Able to multi-task, work in a small team with strong communication and organisational skills
- Ideally educated to degree level in a Digital/Graphic Design related discipline
- Excellent design portfolio illustrating a range of digital and print marketing
- High level skills in: Adobe (CS) Creative Suite of software, to include: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Ability to work in either MAC or PC environment using the above software and with exceptionally good IT skills
- Keen and able to explore the use and relevance of new technologies
- User experience design
- PASSIONATE ? We're the best & most forward thinking waste management company because we care about our colleagues and our customers. You'll be passionate about delivering an exceptional service.
- PROVOCATIVE & CHALLENGING ? we're always looking to improve and don't always see the best way, if you think you know a better way, we want to know.
- DETERMINED ? Things aren't always easy and change is hard, but we need to keep evolving. You'll want to see things through to completion, even when the going gets tough.
- GROUNDED ? We're down to earth and straight talking, this isn't a glamourous industry but it is fascinating and you'll need to be comfortable dealing with a wide range of personalities.
- INTELLIGENT ? Our business is complicated and you'll need to be able to pick things up quickly, even when they're new concepts.
- A genuinely interesting, varied and fast-moving work environment
- 30 days holiday rising each year to 35, with an extra 5 after 5 years and 10 after 10
- Flexible start and finish times with options for home working
- Discounts on our recycled IT and domestic appliances
- Death in service benefit
- Contributory Pension scheme