noticed.: Director of Shopify Engineering at noticed. () (allows remote)
Posted: Nov 19, 2020
Do you have experience working on Shopify Plus? Have you worked at an eCommerce agency? Do you have full-stack development experience? Are you interested in leading, coaching, mentoring, and inspiring a team of super talented developers? Then, we're looking for you!
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to lead a team of developers to help us build the best eCommerce experiences with some of the leading D2C brands in the market such as Rare Beauty, Magic Spoon, Amor Avert, and many more. You’ll also manage our development infrastructure and ensure all internal systems operate seamlessly and efficiently.
To be successful in this role, you should be confident in managing our teams while, at the same time, setting goals, budgets, and timelines for various projects. We also expect you to be in charge of our integrations with external partners and oversee all new partner integration plans from discovery to launch. Ultimately, you’ll make sure we use the latest eCommerce technology in the market that maximizes our productivity, efficiency, and help our company grow.
We're only accepting applications for candidates in North America at this time.
THE QUICK FIT TEST!
- You have more than 4-6 years of eCommerce agency experience
- You have 4+ years of experience with Shopify Plus (Required)
- You have experience with building headless architecture eCommerce websites
- You have experience with systems such as Gatsby, Contentful, etc.
- Oversee front-end and back-end development teams and their projects
- Manage a team of 3-5 leads and senior-level developers
- Monitor reliability and performance of all internal systems to suggest improvements
- Create reusable code libraries and frameworks to increase efficiency within the development to support agency profitability.
- Knowledge in full-stack development (Node.js, PHP, MySQL)
- Create documentation for internal teams as well as clients
- Experience working in an Agency environment with multiple projects assigned at once
- Manage eCommerce website development projects by setting requirements, goals, and timelines
- Support sales with requirements gathering, project estimates, and solution development.
- Prepare and manage the engineering department’s P&L budget
- Design strategies for future development projects based on the company’s overall objectives and resources
- Hire engineers, coordinate their training, and continually coach and mentor.
- Implement cutting edge technologies that keep us at the forefront of eCommerce.
- Coordinate with external stakeholders for new integrations and tools
- Review and update policies relevant to internal systems and equipment
- Work experience as a director of engineering or in a similar senior-level position at an engineering department
- Extensive experience with cloud technologies and modern human-computer interfaces
- Hands-on experience in back-end and front-end development
- Good understanding of scrum or agile methodologies
- Natural leadership abilities with a strategic problem-solving mind-set
- Excellent project management skills
- BSc/MSc in Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field
To be successful in this role, you’ll already have:
- Have to experience managing a team of developers.
- 5+ Years of experience with either Shopify, Magento, BigCommerce, etc.
- Experience developing with front-end prototype frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.)
- Experience problem-solving code and architecture issues
- A working understanding of the entirety of the web design project lifecycle from front-end development to back-end programming
- Strong ability to coordinate and manage client projects to profitable completion, on-time delivery, and high customer satisfaction
- Experience in project scoping and estimation
- Excellent logical reasoning, multi-tasking, and analytical skills
- Exemplary organizational and time management skills
- An ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong budget management skills
- Experience in and enjoy creating and managing detailed documentation
What can Noticed offer me?
- Salary + Bonus + Profit Sharing
- Vested Stock Options
- Fully Remote (Must be based in North America)
- 401k with a 4% match (After 6 months of employment)
- We offer healthcare benefits and contribute 80% to employee premiums.
- 23 days of paid time off
- Observe 10 paid company holidays.
- Career development opportunities (workshops, classes, mentorship)
- We have Summer Fridays, where employees can complete their Friday afternoon work earlier in the week and take a half-day on Fridays!
- We actively curate a monthly and yearly team culture calendar.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and foster an inclusive environment. We welcome people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives to apply to our positions.
Noticed are generational commerce, optimization, and marketing agency that grows disruptive mission-driven health, wellness, and active lifestyle brands. We lead by example, leave the ego at the front door, bring it every day, and push each other to be the best version of ourselves to deliver value and results to our clients. If our clients win, then we all win!