ING: DLT Development Engineer (Blockchain/Cryptography) - Amsterdam at ING (Amsterdam, Netherlands) (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
Posted: Oct 9, 2019
ING is regularly looking for Blockchain Development Engineers. Are you interested to be included in the candidate pool for current and future positions in this area? Please see the role description below and apply. We will contact you as soon as possible.
At ING, increasing the pace of innovation is a strategic priority of the Think Forward strategy. We need to get faster and better at innovating so we can stay abreast of the pace of change around us. Blockchain technology is one of the innovation enablers at ING and the Blockchain program encompasses all of our efforts to explore and unlock its business value. As such, the Blockchain program at ING is directly responsible for all DLT related initiatives at ING globally.
The Blockchain program is also responsible for identifying and piloting the most promising use cases. To do so, we constantly scope the environment for relevant opportunities, actively engage with and educate the organization about the technology’s potential as well as researching trends within the industry. This allows us to have a comprehensive approach in our delivery of business value.
We are looking for an eager collaborator to support the management of the program. Your main tasks that you will be performing are:
- Produce software solutions based on Distributed Ledger technology;
- Research actively latest development in the cryptography and DLT space;
- Implementing improvements to existing DL technologies;
- Assess and deep dive on various ledger technologies.
Your personal profile:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science.
- Curious by nature, willing to experiment.
- Ability to think from a business perspective when considering alternatives.
- Excellent team player.
- Intrinsic motivation for blockchain (i.e. some prior knowledge).
- Fast learner
- Knowledge of Kotlin / Solidity / Go is a plus
Must be proficient in at least one of the skills below (and motivation and basic-knowledge in the other).
You will be fully part of an enthusiastic multi-disciplinary team that has a willingness to help you grow and learn as much as possible throughout your position
- The recruitment process consist of 2 interview stages from which 1 (depending on the candidate location) will be conducted via Skype or on-site.
- A programming assesment (Codility) will make part of the process
A job from 36 to 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- A reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life
- Relocation Package ( Visa Sponsorship, Allowance, Transfer to The Netherlands etc...)