Comcast: Eng 2, Software Dev & Engineering at Comcast (Philadelphia, PA) (Philadelphia, PA)
Posted: Aug 12, 2017
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for planning and designing new software and web
applications. Edits new and existing applications. Implements,
testing, and debugging defined software components. Documents all
development activity. Works with moderate guidance in own area of
- Analyzes and determines integration needs.
- Evaluates and plans software designs, test results and technical
- Reviews literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the
solution of assigned projects.
- Programs new software, web applications and supports new applications
under development and the customization of current applications.
- Edits and reviews technical requirements documentation.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit
specification and technical requirements.
- Displays knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills, and
their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays knowledge of, and ability to apply, process design and
- Displays in-depth knowledge of, and ability to apply, project
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Computer Science, Engineering
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer