Brunel: Engineering Supervisor - Software Requirements at Brunel (Saginaw, MI) (Saginaw, MI)
Posted: Apr 14, 2019
Brunel is currently searching for an Engineering Supervisor Software Requirements for direct hire with our client in the Saginaw, MI area.Requirements based engineering is an exciting and growing field in the automotive industry. Developing accurate requirements and traceability from customer specifications to detailed design requirements is critical to successfully delivering customer programs.
This position is the supervisor of a team of software requirements engineers who are developing the next generation of electric power steering systems. The position is located in Saginaw, MI and for the right candidate, we offer a generous relocation package.About this role
Supervise software requirements engineers, whose activities include:
- Authoring Company's requirements based on allocated requirements from higher levels and company requirements standards / best practices;
- Participating in Requirements Compliance Matrix (RCM) reviews and supporting allocation of requirements to assigned domain;
- Deriving requirements and allocating to components in the Company's EPS requirements hierarchy;
- Developing and maintaining tools;
- Managing work for offshore suppliers and reporting status to Company management;
- Training and overseeing requirements engineers from global centers.
The supervisor will also be responsible for the following:
- Managing ownership of requirements among engineers globally;
- Providing leadership in the planning and execution of requirements deliverables for customer applications;
- Increasing group productivity and driving quality of work products via process improvement;
- Developing and maintaining metrics for tracking progress of internal and customer deliverables;
- Removing roadblocks that may otherwise prevent timely completion of work;
- Developing training material to support globalization;
- Utilizing project management skills to coordinate activities involved with meeting customer and program deadlines in an efficient manner with utmost quality across multiple projects;
- Developing and maintain processes, work instructions, and templates;
- Tailoring processes to appropriately meet individual project needs while maintaining ASPICE compliance;
- Fostering and developing a strong team environment within the group, while supporting strategic goals within the ES&S team and the Company organization;
- Managing group work load and administering annual performance reviews to employees;
- Developing employees (training, mentor, coach) to help them reach company and personal goals.