SR Education Group: Entry Level Software Engineer at SR Education Group (Kirkland, WA) (Kirkland, WA)
Posted: Apr 16, 2018
Entry Level Software Engineer
SR Education Group’s mission is to help students make informed decisions about their education by providing transparent, data-driven, and user-focused products. We embrace a culture of growth, experimentation, and creativity. Our small and agile team allows all members to exercise great responsibility and freedom, allowing each person to have a measurable impact on our business and experience continual growth. We reward results with a unique profit sharing program and encourage self-development through benefits like our tuition reimbursement program.
We’re looking for an Entry Level Software Engineer to join our team. Our experienced Ruby on Rails software engineers write and maintain complex code bases, process large amounts of data using machine learning algorithms, and design front-end features to deliver unique value to our users. We embrace an agile mindset, delivering high quality products in a timely manner and working with team members across different divisions, like product and marketing, to come up with the best solutions.
Some of the technologies we use:
- Databases: MySQL, MongoDB, Redis
- Queuing Services: RabbitMQ
- Search Engines: Elasticsearch
- Cloud: AWS including the S3, EC2, and Machine Learning platform
- Maintain and build widgets for a custom in-house CMS
- Design and write performant code that delivers a seamless end-to-end user experience
- Integrate large and complex data sets from multiple sources into a single unified system through APIs
- Scale large datasets across multiple websites using a combination of relational and non-relational databases and search engines
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to solve difficult problems
- Provide technical guidance to Product Managers and team members in other divisions
We are looking for passionate, creative, and driven individuals to join our team. We offer a competitive salary as well as a unique profit sharing program: we recognize that it is the individuals on our team that allow us to be successful, so all employees are granted equity in the company after one year and receive annual profit bonuses based on that equity. As your contributions and equity grow over time, these bonuses can grow to substantially increase your overall compensation. The starting salary for this position is $70-$80k with annual profit and performance-based bonuses starting in the employee’s first year.
- B.S. in Computer Science or relevant experience - upcoming & recent graduates are encouraged to apply
- Experience in languages like Java, Ruby, Python, etc. for web projects - understanding of web frameworks (Rails) is a plus
- Clear understanding of HTTP and RESTful web standards
- Understanding of common pitfalls with designing and scaling database-driven applications
- Understanding of testing best practices
- Linux/Unix experience
- Dynamic, self-driven learner that isn't afraid to get their hands dirty
- Strong problem-solving skills
Title: Entry Level Software Engineer
Position Type: Full-time
Compensation/Salary: $70,000-$80,000 DOE
Benefits: Equity sharing; profit- and performance-based bonuses; health, dental, and vision insurance; retirement contributions; competitive & flexible vacation policy (up to 6 weeks with seniority); tuition reimbursement program
Our waterfront office is located in downtown, historic Kirkland. We keep our kitchen fully stocked and have ping pong and pool tables, a growing board game collection, and a troop of quirky office dogs. We hope you’ll consider joining us and being a part of our team at SR Education Group.
Send your application via the apply button. Visit our website www.sreducationgroup.org for more information about our organization.