Experience Designer, Brand Design
Posted: Mar 13, 2019
Have you ever wanted to have your work experienced by every creative person in the world? The Adobe brand has that reach, and this is your opportunity to help define that brand.
The Adobe Design Brand team is a small, focused group that creates logos for every Adobe product, defines the visual brand architecture, crafts illustrations used in-product, and executes every facet of the brand in UX. We work in pixels but we also create environmental graphics, books, posters and swag items. We obsess on details and craft. We believe in the power of critique and communicating our ideas more broadly outside our group. We partner with marketing, executives, product managers, content strategists, and engineering teams. This is big, broad, challenging, and fun work that is highly visible.
The Brand Design team operates within a larger experience design team, Adobe Design. There are many opportunities for collaborations of all kinds, including side projects, pro bono work, workshops, and more.
We want you to help us build the Adobe brand.
You are a designer with a highly refined aesthetic. You love sweating the details and moving a finalized concept into production. You love participating in critiques of your own work and that of your collaborators. You constantly spot bad typography in the world and wish you could fix it. You like to line your books up in chromatic order. You love corporate logos from the 60s. You like creating constraints and working in systems.
What you'll be working on
- Create strong and elegant logos for all of Adobe's products. There are way more than you think and there are new ones all the time.
- Design the brand system: colors, rules, hierarchy, illustrative components, etc.
- Create templates and workflows for producing assets for mobile, desktop, and any other place our brand surfaces across the customer experience.
- Work with product designers and managers, brand strategists, engineers, and other partners throughout the product cycle, working on many projects simultaneously.
- Ensure that branding is implemented correctly inside of products, presentations, and other experiences.
- Craft communications including presentations, process documentation, and more.
- Work on a variety of side projects including environmental graphics, posters, swag, and books.
- Help other designers within Adobe Design with brand-related work.
What you'll bring to the team
- 3-5 years of industry experience in graphic design, branding, or experience design
- Experience creating logos, icons, or other visual metaphors
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A history of close collaboration with business partners and cross-functional teams
- A high level of competency with Adobe's creative products (Ps, Ai, Id, Ae, etc.).
- BA or MA in design or an exceptional portfolio and resume
- Be located in the SF Bay Area or willing to relocate
- A love of all things design
- Experience with production work
- Illustration skills
- Motion or prototyping work a big plus
How to apply
To be considered for this role submit a resume and portfolio.
About Adobe Design
Adobe Design creates tools that amplify the world's ability to create and communicate.
We're a global team of designers, researchers, prototypers, content strategists, program managers, and more who work across Adobe's three product lines: Creative Cloud, Document Cloud, and Experience Cloud.