Fashion Design / Product Development
Posted: Jan 5, 2023
TopFoxx is a rapidly-growing, women-owned start-up founded in New York City, that develops unique, innovative women's eyewear and accessories, centered around a mission of charity and commitment towards sustainability. We are currently seeking a Freelance Product Designer who can bring this mission to life through graphics, marketing content, and unique designs that are cohesive across all platforms.
As a freelance designer, this individual will be responsible for conceptualizing trendy, high-quality, sustainable and best selling products for our brand using the knowledge of the ecommerce sector, fashion-industry, and trend forecasting. Depending on the growth and performance, this position has the ability to become a full-time Product Designer in our company. Whether in the freelance or full-time position, this individual is expected to bring unique concepts to the team, elevate their abilities and continuously enhance the brand image over time through deep trend research, professional growth, and consistent attention to customer needs.
Since its inception, TopFoxx has cultivated a team of driven, innovative, well-rounded self-starters equally dedicated to company growth, personal development, and becoming top experts in their respective fields. Our employees embrace challenges, feedback, opportunities to support their coworkers, and align themselves tightly with our Core Values, Mission and Vision.You will work directly with our CEO and founder, other high-level management members and a team of highly skilled individuals to collaborate and develop.
- Lead all design concepts from vision / inspiration boards, sketches to material suggestions, final design approval, ensuring high quality and timely completion.
- Create sketches and translate them to 3D assets with all details included (textures, colorways, fabric properties)
- Research trends, competitors, and fashion insights to conceptualize innovative designs that will attract our current and potential audience, and keep our brand competitive in the global fashion marketplace.
- Communicate with the Product Development, Creative and Wholesale departments to develop products that align with the needs of our buyers and their customers; and keep a strong awareness of feedback and opinions when designing and updating designs, to ensure alignment with our consumers.
- Maintain accurate records of all prototypes, samples, records of approval, and technical/dimensional construction and composition information for each style in the product assortment.
- Research, investigate, and source new materials and techniques for new product development to continue shifts to full sustainable production.
Required Experience & Skills:
- 3+ years in fashion or product development in the fashion accessory industry; Eyewear & accessories strongly preferred.
- 3D Design experience and creative collaboration within the global fashion industry.
- Must have a detailed fashion portfolio proving success in creating high-quality, revenue generated products.
- Exceptional skills in Adobe Suite, with the ability to bring designs to life quickly and adjust designs based on feedback, with a positive attitude.
- Experience with relevant tools: Photoshop (must), Illustrator, After Effects (bonus)
- Must be able to manage multiple projects at once with urgency, focus, and deep dedication to establish ROI, results, and meet all deadlines, with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to work independently, where assignments can be completed from initial concept to implementation, while collaborating with other key team members is essential.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, where forecasting ability and forward planning is crucial.
- Must have experience being hands-on in creative ideation and willingness to take on all aspects of each task with urgency, a can-do attitude and exceptional eye for detail.
Project based payment, this prices will range dependent on length & intensity of projects
Open to Negotiation
We will give 3-5 days notice for completion of specific projects, including feedback and adjustments.
Thank you for your time in reading through this opportunity and your interest in working with TopFoxx! We wish you the best of luck in job search!