Hudson River Trading: FPGA Verification Engineer at Hudson River Trading (New York, NY) (New York, NY)
Posted: Sep 13, 2019
The hardware team at Hudson River Trading creates bleeding-edge, ultra-low latency products to support trading on markets worldwide. High performance designs require even higher performance verification. At HRT, we're building the verification environment of tomorrow. We are lightweight and open source. Our ideal candidate is not only an ace tester but a practicing toolsmith. You know the EDA landscape and want to be part of a team actively working to rethink, redesign, and surpass the status quo.
We are looking for an experienced verification engineer who is skilled at writing testbenches to exercise complex hardware, likes being challenged, hates climbing corporate ladders, and doesn't mind the added bonus of having hard work rewarded through recognition and extremely competitive compensation. FPGA verification is part of a small but growing team at HRT which is integral to ensuring the success of our trading in the future. You can expect to always be challenged by the ever-changing financial markets as you work on critical hardware and software in an extremely fast-paced, real-time environment.
- Creating testbenches and tests
- Writing detailed verification plans
- Adapting UVM principles to an open source-based, highly flexible verification environment
- Collaborating directly with designers for rapid bringup of new projects and debugging of existing designs
- Managing regression and continuous integration infrastructure
- Developing and improving open-source and internal tools
- Excellent debug and analytical skills to quickly root-cause RTL bugs
- Strong background (4+ years) in RTL verification in either SystemVerilog + UVM or Cocotb
- Intermediate to advanced Python skills
- Experience with code and functional coverage collection/analysis
- Comfortable in a Linux environment
- Familiarity with Verilator and/or Cocotb preferred
- Experience with C++ preferred
- Experience with networking protocols preferred
- You possess a bachelor's degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering or a related field
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds: mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.