Freelance Presentation Designer
Posted: Feb 14, 2020
Founded in 1935, Bardstown, KY-based Heaven Hill Brands (www.heavenhill.com) is the nation's largest independent, family-owned and operated spirits producer and marketer and the world's second-largest holder of Kentucky Bourbon. Heaven Hill's diversified portfolio of brands includes Evan Williams Bourbon; Larceny, Elijah Craig and Henry McKenna Bourbons, Burnett's Vodkas and Gin; Admiral Nelson's and Blackheart Rums; HPNOTIQ Liqueur; The Christian Brothers Brandies; PAMA Pomegranate Liqueur; Domaine de Canton Ginger Liqueur; Lunazul Tequila; Rittenhouse Rye Whiskey; Deep Eddy Vodka; TJ Carolan's Irish Cream Liqueur and Black Velvet Canadian Whisky.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate (via online portfolio or sample presentations) knowledge, experience, and enthusiasm with visual design and storytelling via presentations.
- 5+ years advanced Microsoft PowerPoint skills, including both design and animation
- Ability to work remotely during the period of October, November and the first week of December 2020. Not required to be on-site.
- Take complex concepts and strategies from marketing managers, give input on how to visually depict the overall strategy and messaging, while applying your design skills to create initial slide concepts, iterate quickly, create revisions based off speaker feedback, and produce the final presentation
- Work one-on-one with marketing managers, asking the right questions to create a presentation from scratch or further develop an existing presentation
- Design, beyond a template; customize each slide's design to best present the information while still maintaining a cohesive, brand-appropriate look
- Execute slides based on the presenter's direction and vision, while giving the presentation an elevated feel
- Create original graphic content, such as diagrams, graphs, and maps, including animation
- There is potential for long-term contractual engagement
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in presentation design and advanced PowerPoint skills
- Presentations and fonts must be compatible and editable with PC, even if designed on Mac
- Thorough working knowledge of Excel, Word, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Ability to establish visual hierarchy, layout, composition, typography, and color effectively
- Demonstrate impeccable attention to detail and the ability to produce high-quality work in a fast-paced environment
- High attention to detail to ensure all standards and specifications are consistently met
- Ability to prioritize and deliver on established deadlines
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency for completion of tasks and projects
- Ability to work effectively with clients directly to understand their needs and present design solutions